Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been on the pill for quite a while now, and i usually take my 7day break. stop the packet on a wednesday, start period on sunday and start taking the next 21packet on thursday. It so regular, i can plan and i know when everything is going to happen which i lovee.
Now my boyfriend is taking me away for my birthday =], but i new it would clash with my 7day break, so i decided to take to packets together. now i know you can do this but, will i get my regluar-nuness back lol. or will it change? cause im not sure if it will take longer for my body to relise im no longer taking it (as ive taken it for longer than usual) meaning my period may starrt later than sunday?
hope that makes sence ha, i read up on the internet, it should make a difference as the pill reduces the build up of the linning of the uterus, but i would have thought after taking two packets that linning gonna be pritty built up lol.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea when you take 2 packs together it can mess up the cycle. Sometimes it will come late the next month or sometimes really soon like its been building up for ages. Once i had it come about less than a day after i stopped my pack.
    After that it might take another month or two for you to back into your routine again but as long as you're prepared it shouldnt be too bad
    I was on the pill for a bit, and my one, when run back-to-back, didn't seem to make a difference. I guess everyone reacts slightly differently, so maybe just see what happens and be prepared :)
    when i was younger and took the pill, i did this and it did not affect my next period at all and as u seem pretty clockwork u should be ok x