Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My own snoring wakes me up

I've turned a blind eye to this for several weeks, but it is now annoying me to a point where I can no longer ignore it. I'm hearing impaired, so it's not the sound that wakes me up - it's the vibration going through my face. My nights can vary between being totally peaceful, and being snore-awoken 10 times, no exaggeration needed. Is it a known problem? I have known to be a snorer for many years, but it's only been waking me up this year. I'm concerned that I'll be tormented by my very own self for years to come! Thanks guys.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you sure it's the vibration, not sleep apnoea?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »

This.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    That's a possiblity. It can be dangerous if you're not careful. I'd suggest seeing your GP.
  • Options
    Thanks.

I've heard of sleep apnoea but I thought it was to do with insomnia and countering it with sleeping pills. I Wiki'd this up and lo and behold, it does seem to be the problem that I have. The article says that it is also connected with obesity. I could do with going from 100kg to 80kg. Now that I have a job 4 days a week though, I'm looking to lose what I gained in the last year.

Sorry for late reply - I was at my parents' for a day with my old Dell laptop, to find that 6 letters and 2 numbers no longer respond.