Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your typical Christmas Day food intake

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Breakfast - croissants, bucks fizz, coffee, tea, stocking sweets (I'm 21 and yes, my mum still does me a stocking :d)

Before the big event, there are pistachios, cashews, posh crisps, mince pies and all that jazz everywhere you look. Relatives turn up. Around this time, someone gets out the cocktail section in one of Nigella's books and a happy mix of the very old and young adults steadfastly work there way through it. last year the christmas-y flavoured vodka we made featured heavily, and I made the most amazing bloody mary mix, which included horse radish and beefstock cubes.

Lunch (at 4ish) - turkey, ham, everything you'd expect to go with it including the most amazing parsnip mash, home made bread sauce and stuffing. Mum's two year old christmas pudding with brandy butter. Christmas cake she's been feeding with alcohol for weeks. Pavlova. More Buck's fizz. My little brothers are given a sip of champagne but take a glug.

At this stage everyone's too full to eat until after Dr Who, when I make the best part of christmas - the leftover sandwiches. Everything we had before with mayo between some bread - even the roasties and gravy go in there. Christmas pudding fried in brandy butter. Brandy for those who aren't already sozzled or sleeping on the sofa. Bed.
    Cheese, mofos! More cheese than a man should eat in a month.
    Cheese, mofos! More cheese than a man should eat in a month.

how coulf i forget the cheese?!
    Evenstar wrote: »
    how coulf i forget the cheese?!
    Cheese makes me sick. Couldn't possibly eat it. I hate christmas, to much money 3 months to go approxametly.

*hug*
    Christmas is fast approaching..
    can't believe it's around the corner..
    a1c0l33n wrote: »
    Christmas is fast approaching..
    can't believe it's around the corner..

The thing is, it isnt, its nearly a whole 20% of a year away.
    breakfast is normally cereal - but since I dont have milk I have scrambled egg and toast (this was only last year thou) Normally we are too busy opening pressies to worry bout breakfast! We get up at 8 to do so and we are 23, 21 and 18 lmao.

Snacks is random crap, sweets, choc, crisps etc

Lunch around 2pm is all the trimmings plus a quorn roast (i is veggi also but allergic to nuts :(!)

Tea is up the other halfs and it is whatever we decided to eat bout 8pm, normally picky type tea.

Don't really drink till I get up the other halfs coz I got to drive :(

I cant wait till crimbo! Thinking of starting my crimbo cakes today!! yay!