Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weird behaviour in apparently sane people

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
(This is one of those threads; I saw something happen today and I made a thread by generalising expecting other examples that might fit the generalisation)

While going to a tram stop on my way home, I saw two women standing with their backs at a wall, right next to each other but both facing the other way, both talking on their mobiles. I said they were "apparently sane" because they didn't have anything obviously wrong with their appearance (like you see on some people) and what they were saying sounded logical.
The "weird behaviour" part was because, from what little of what they were saying I caught as I was passing by, I'm pretty sure they were talking to each other.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The "weird behaviour" part was because, from what little of what they were saying I caught as I was passing by, I'm pretty sure they were talking to each other.

It's possible they were on a conference call?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I guess that's a possibility. I'm not sure if it's possible with mobiles here though.
    I have seen couples at my Weatherspoons, there both are on the phone at the same time. It does seem antisocial but there is the possibility that both parties were contacted at at the same moment.
    Too often I see what appears to be a couple out to eat, they never say a word to each other and both have their phones in their hands the whole time, playing games, texting kind of thing.

Once I saw a really normal looking attractive woman at a pizza buffet, piling her plate full then stuffing a gigantic beach bag sized purse with the pizza and desserts. She was real sneaky about it but I was sitting in such a way that I was probably the only one to see, when the boyfriend turned to look he couldn't tell. I've joked about doing that before, but I'm much more homely so it would be a lot less weird ;)
    pizza buffet? how bizarre
    For the white trash in all of us. All you can eat (read: all you can eat and then try to get some more down your gullet) pizza in a variety of colors, even macaroni and cheese, can't beat it!
    katralla wrote: »
    pizza buffet? how bizarre

We have that here too at Pizza Hut.
    We do? Ok, I need to check out pizza hut!
    Everyone has a weird side to them though surely? I know i do ha.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    We have that here too at Pizza Hut.

Ewww :p Pizza buffets are offended by that suggestion! I bet they only have boring flavors like pepperoni and vegi too.
    I love the pizza hut buffet :)