Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi I'm Anti-Spam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

I thought it would be worth while introducing myself, I'm Anti-Spam and whilst I will be lurking around the boards and looking out for interesting posts to read, my main job is to look for spam posts and remove them.

It is important that if you see what you suspect to be a spam post/user, that you report a particular post for moderators to look at, much as in the same way you would if you felt the post broke thesite rules for any other reasons, such as abuse and bullying etc. Myself and the other Moderators hope to keep this place clean of spam and safe for the people that use thesite, so you can get the most out of it.

This means that it is very unlikely I will get involved in much of the discussion around here, as I'll be on as and when I'm needed. However I thought it would be nice to say hi to everyone and I hope that like cillit bang I can be applied and BANG THE SPAM IS GONE.

Be nice to each other and happy posting. :wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    YAY! :wave:
    Hello,

Welcome to thesite :)

They get plenty of spam so I'm sure you'll be busy!
    Anti-Spam wrote: »
    I hope that like cillit bang I can be applied and BANG THE SPAM IS GONE.
    :lol:
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    JimV, are you back!? :o
    chortle
    you are like thesite superhero! :heart:
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    JimV, are you back!? :o

I'm afraid I'm not JimV, nobody could live up to that guy. I'm just new.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :love:
    **helen** wrote: »
    :love:

*hug*
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    nobody could live up to that guy. I'm just new.
    Sorry, but that reminded me so much of Jake0! (if you don't know who he is have a look for his posts, awesome guy) :D
    Agadoo!
    Work is going well and the spam (I would say) is generally well taken care of on thesite, and not just by me, by all the moderators and more importantly the users.

If anyone comes accross a problematic or spam post, it is usually you guys and girls the main users that see it first. As much as moderators work hard to keep this place going, they try not to interfere with this place too much as the job of a moderator is to moderate, not control.

Such it is that the most important people on thesite are the day to day users, this place is for you guys, without you it wouldn't be here, and without you guys any response to spam or problem posts would slow down.

All of you, give yourself a pat on the back.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Work is going well and the spam (I would say) is generally well taken care of on thesite, and not just by me, by all the moderators and more importantly the users.

If anyone comes accross a problematic or spam post, it is usually you guys and girls the main users that see it first. As much as moderators work hard to keep this place going, they try not to interfere with this place too much as the job of a moderator is to moderate, not control.

Such it is that the most important people on thesite are the day to day users, this place is for you guys, without you it wouldn't be here, and without you guys any response to spam or problem posts would slow down.

All of you, give yourself a pat on the back.

:thumb:
    hi anti-spam.

that should have been my name, i hate spam

:)

enjoy the site