Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bowel worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got my appendix taken out about two weeks ago and after that, I had diarrhea the next days and then five days late and then i was consipated for about a week. But ever since then Im having diarrhea every day and if not during the day, usually after dinner at night. I was wondering if this is normal Im only 21 but im worried

cause my sister who is 22 had to have a operation to remove her bowel (her condition is coltis) and my dad had a type of colitis once so it does run in the family.
Before this i smoked and my bowels moved regulary and i had no problems and i given up smoking and I'm wondering if this affects my bowel movements in anyway
???:confused:

Comments

• Options
    hey lisalashe :wave:

Sorry to hear you're unwell *hug*

The first thing I would say is to talk with your doctor and tell them about what you're experiencing. Try not to worry too much, if you have people close to you with a history of bowel problems you'll know that stress can affect it.

Your body has been through alot having your appendix removed, it will most likely take time for everything to settle and heal.

Let us know how you get along,

dp :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks dollypop
    I actually still have to register with a gp as i only moved to england a month ago and then i spent 2weeks housebound.
    Yeah the doctor said my bowel would be affect after the operation. but i thought it would of gone back to normal by now. its just cause my sister bowel could of killed her that any change in my bowel terrifies me now.
  • Options
    Go straight to your gp or ring nhs direct line they will be able to advise u but with your family history it needs deffo looking in2 i had my appendix out and it did'nt effect me like that, usually thinks will be a bit weird first few days but not over 2 weeks after op goodluck try not to worry but get it checked out x