Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Charm bracelets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really want one! I know some people think they look tacky.. but I want it as a kinda keepsake.. my babies initials on it, pink and blue pram on it. Charms that mean something to me. :heart:

I was looking at Pandora but the charms are quite expensive. In our local jewellers and they do Chamilia they look ok, but I really like the look of the Truth chrams/bracelet.

Has anyone got a Truth one? Any tips? I've only started looking, DF wants to get it me before I have our second baby in October.... (Im guessing he's gonna get me the blue pram:chin: ;) ) so lots of time to look around.

Also... do all the charms - Pandora/Chamilia/Truth fit on any bracelet?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Options
    i dont think they're tacky, they are becoming more common though with cheaper versions coming out all the time, but thats not such a bad thing. I've seen a couple of cheapo looking ones though. i've got a thomas sabo one

http://www.thomassabo.com/en/charmclub/collections.html

my best friend got it me for christmas but instead of having charms all the way round, it just has a loop at the front that you can fit 3 on. i like it cos its kind of different. it seems like all the charms i like for it are £30+ though :blush: but they start from £15 i think. not as pricey as links of london! i dont know anything about those brands you mentioned though, sorry.x
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll have look at that website.

I really love Links of London but the charms start at £35 so quite expensive.... but I only want special charms, so dont want loads, maybe one a year ect, so I might ask for that:chin:
  • Options
    I've got a pandora one that my mum and dad got me for qualifying as a nurse...I've not got many charms on it as I only get them for special occasions. It's good as each one is special and has a memory for why I got it :)

This is what it looks like
  • Options
    That is really pretty:heart:

Is it heavy?

Silly question but have you ever had any problem with the catch/fastner thingy? Does any other charm fit on aswell, like the chamilia ones?
  • Options
    No it's not heavy at all...one of my friends has filled there's and has 2 on at a time and they don't find them heavy.

I've never tried other beads on it I just use the Pandora ones. TBH though you can kinda notice the difference between the pandora ones and the other charms so I just stick to one design.
  • Options
    Thank you!

I've just been looking at all the beautiful charms!:heart:
  • Options
    I have three charm bracelets. One of them has many many charms on, all from different places. People gave them to me from different places, like I have a tiny silver car with two horses inside, and a little Mickey Mouse. They sound tacky, but they're not, at all.
    One other one my godmother gave to me for my birthday one year, just a little chain with a tiny cat on. The chain is so fine, any charms that I added would have to have tiny links, but I don't want to add any, because she's now dead, and it wouldn't all be from her if I added more.
    My third one came from the jewellers, with about 8 charms already on. The charms themselves don't mean much to me, but they're pretty, so I wear it quite a lot.
    I'm sorry, most of this has no relevance to what you wanted to know, but basically, my first one has charms from everywhere, like tourist stalls, and different jewellers, and other countries, and they've all fitted on so I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    I have a Links of London one and i love it! The initial cost is a bit expensive for the bracelet but you can buy the charms on sale and if you don't plan on buying many it shouldnt be too expensive.
  • Options
    I love charm bracelets too! I have a Sabo bracelet. But I'd like to have more charms on it :chin: