Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends birthday?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, the story is,

Until very recently I've had few to no friends and I was not very social at all. From highschool to now my third year of post-secondary I've always been pretty anti-social. I don't go out of my way to meet people, and for the most part I stick to what I know. However over the last few months I've met a few people with similar interests and we've been come friends. These guys are all from school and I've only know them them since September. I have not have had much interaction with people my own age. Well one of them is having a birthday in a few weeks and he is turning 19 (legal drinking age here). I have been to a birthday party for anyone my own age since I was 12 or 13.

My 'Question' is: I have no idea on "presents". I haven't been to a birthday party/gone drinking in a long time.

Do I get him birthday gift? Money? Alcohol? A gift at all?

I'm a guy.

Comments

• Options
    It is not necessary, depends on the person, but it shows thoughtfulness and it's a nice trait. It should only be a small thing tho, otherwise it might be awkward. If he drinks you could give him a nice bottle of wine. Don't give him money. It's not about the materialism, but about the thought.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It is not necessary, depends on the person, but it shows thoughtfulness and it's a nice trait. It should only be a small thing tho, otherwise it might be awkward. If he drinks you could give him a nice bottle of wine. Don't give him money. It's not about the materialism, but about the thought.

Agreed, some nice wine or maybe a crate of beer to share at the party if it's at a house rather than a bar?

Great to hear about these new friends, enjoy! :)
  • Options
    Nah I would not get him anything...but if you really want too..I would get him booze for sure