Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cataclysm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
It might be an idea to open your launcher now.

I started mine at 7am and it's still downloading. That's in addition to the 6 gig patch that we got a few weeks ago. Reforge AHOY ! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Eeek. I think theyve fucked hit up on mages
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    They've fucked up lots of things.

I downloaded the 5gig+ patch, only to have to download another NINE GIG for 4.0.1, also I can't load my UI... Which makes me sad =(

I had to restart, and now the download is for THIRTEEN FUCKING GIG! Well played Blizz, you really know how to fuck a patch up.
    Why are patches so big these days :(
    Well it's the pre-Cataclysm expansion rather than a patch. A load of stuff that will be available in December is probably on your comp now, like archaeology and being able to fly in Eastern/Kalimdor.

Ooooooooooooo scary earthquakes :D
    WTB working hunter T_T

other than that, anyone else feel like they're learning to play the game all over again? :-p
    Is archaeology a new profession for WoW 4? (Sorry can't be arsed to spell out 'cata-' so I'm calling it WoW 4).

Meh, and why are goblins going to the Horde side? The vanilla game stated that goblins were neutral and didn't take sides. J K Rowling had the same stance in her books, goblins being neutral, which I consider is a similar fantasy in WoW. Dragons, elves, witches, warlocks, goblins, beasts, undead and so on.
    I'm sure they would be nasty in lord of the rings.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Is archaeology a new profession for WoW 4? (Sorry can't be arsed to spell out 'cata-' so I'm calling it WoW 4).

Meh, and why are goblins going to the Horde side? The vanilla game stated that goblins were neutral and didn't take sides. J K Rowling had the same stance in her books, goblins being neutral, which I consider is a similar fantasy in WoW. Dragons, elves, witches, warlocks, goblins, beasts, undead and so on.
    It's not all Goblins, it's just a certain faction.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Is archaeology a new profession for WoW 4?

Yes, not live with patch 4.0.1 will be with cata
    Having played a bit i think i'll be switching from my paladin to my shaman, do not like the new holy power system/change to healing at all :S

On the plus side i've made 150k selling glyphs since patch day :D
    You can already make clothes, weapons, armour, potions, scrolls, enchants and gems in the game. I guess that archaeology will allow you to dig for items?
    You dig up fragments and combine them to make relics/artifacts.

They can range from mounts, pet, totally useless fluff items, or BOA weapons. Plus you get a decent amount of xp form it apparently, so something to do when you get bored of questing/levelling an alt through the new content a 2nd time.
    And make money. You can sell some of the bits u dig up.
    It is worrying when just the patch for a game is that large :crying:
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    It is worrying when just the patch for a game is that large :crying:
    Indeed, then after patching there are lots of issues with addons and connection.
    To be fair though, it's patch implementing changes for pretty much how every bit of the game is run. Better now than delaying things again til god knows when.