Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

knitted gift idea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brother's mother in law is sending me a bunch of yarn, yay! I'll probably see her at Christmas and would like to make her a gift as a thank you. I've only met her once, but she was really nice and I liked her. I just have no idea what to make. Any type of generic quick knit gift ideas? But not cheesy like a potholder, something that looks like I put a lot of thought into it :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How about a hat? Or gloves? It'll be the right time of year, and if you use chunky yarn it'll take no time at all :)
    Do you know what the yarn is like and how much of it there is?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hat. Or socks. Or a scarf using a chunky yarn. Or a cowl. Or fingerless gloves. Or a toy of some description. Erm ...
    i dont know a lot about knitting but maybe those sock/slipper things that are elasticated? you could knit a flower to stitch on top!
    Thanks for all the ideas. I think I'll do something wintery like a chunky hat or scarf, it does get cold. Thanks again :D