Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boots assesment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:d Hey!

ok...so, after numerous applications (again!) I am pleased to say I have been successful in being invited to a Boots assesment (job interview) on Thursday for a temporary christmas position.

Am really pleased as I have just finished a temporary contract with them in a different capacity and this will also help take the financial pressure off over xmas (if im successful).

Anyone whos ever applied for Boots (or maybe works for them - no offence at all I really enjoyed my previous job there) knows what a law unto themselves they can be - with the long winded online application and weird personality questionaire - and as it so happened a few weeks ago one of my now ex-colleagues was invited to this exact same thing. From what she said and having googled Boots assesment there are various different versions of what they may ask you to do ie. pack bags, hand out advantage card leaflets and find the cheapest paracetamol. Also basic general qs 'why do you want to work for us?' On the email they sent me it didnt say any of this it just said different exercises!

So after that waffle, my question is - has anyone else been in this situation or is in this situation right now?! Have I got the right idea of the excersises? how did it go for you - do they follow you round? did you get a job offer - how quickly? etc

I would really appreciate any advice as this will be different from most job interviews I have had so far.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations and good luck.
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Is the new job with Boots or another company?
  • Options
    I was recently offered a temporary christmas position with Boots but I turned it down as I'd been offered a full-time position in the meantime.

My interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was very relaxed and informal. It was with the store manager and a trainee store manager. They just asked the general questions, told me about the role, etc. I was worried about the assessment thing, but I didn't even have one. They told me they'd be in touch in two weeks but they offered me the job two days later.

:yippe:
  • Options
    yes with Boots
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Is the new job with Boots or another company?

yes with boots
  • Options
    :crying: thanks for your interest advice and support guys, went along yesterday and did it or should I say survived it, started well, went wrong halfway through and ended ok. interview ended @ 11.30 and was told the usual 'we'll get back to you in a couple of days' whether i was successful or not. by the time i managed to check my emails at uni about 2.15pm, Ihad a nice email sat in my inbox that had been sent at 12.57pm saying....no. that said all the crap about 'we have carefully considered your assesment' - considered my a**e!

dont understand what you have to do to please these people but, oh well I will get over it and life goes on.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that. I hope you get another job soon.

I got rejected for a job on Monday and then got offered a different job today so fingers crossed you'll get one soon too.
  • Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    dont understand what you have to do to please these people but, oh well I will get over it and life goes on.

Hi littlechattabox,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job.

It's worth asking for some more detailed feedback, any company worth its salt should be prepared to give you some pointers as to why they decided not to take you on.

Whatever reasons they give, these will help you identify what you need to do to improve your chances at the next interview. It might involve actually going out and getting some more experience, or it might simply be the way you present or demonstrate the experience/qualities you already have.

As someone who has sat on the other side of the desk, it does annoy me when unsuccessful candidates don't ask for feedback as it is a potential goldmine of suggestions for future interviews.

Good luck with your job hunt...

Olly
  • Options
    I had no idea they did all this for a temp christmas job! I applied myself last night.