Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting my full UK driving licence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I passed my driving test today (yay!) and so gave the examiner my provisional licence (both the card and paper counterpart). This is where I am now confused... does he send my provisional off so that a new one is automatically issued (I think that's what he said, or something similar) or do I have to sort something out myself? I wish I'd listened properly and taken it in, but I was kind of in shock!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yes, he will send it off and you will get it back in a couple of weeks all pink!

If you are needing your license for anything, eg buying a new car, then you should have a piece of paper from the examiner saying that you have passed. If I remember correctly it was a blue A4 piece. That's your proof you have passed your test until your pink license arrives.

EDIT: Oh, and Congratulations!!! :yippe:
  • Options
    Ah thanks for that info. Yeah, I did get that certificate, and I thought that was what he said, just the certificate said something about signing it if returning it to the DVLA so it made me doubt what I thought!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Do you have wheels?
  • Options
    thanks!

no, unfortunately I haven't, and can't afford to just yet :( but hey, at least I'm one step closer!
  • Options
    Ah thanks for that info. Yeah, I did get that certificate, and I thought that was what he said, just the certificate said something about signing it if returning it to the DVLA so it made me doubt what I thought!

You only need to sign and return it to the DVLA if the examiner has told you to apply for the full licence yourself. If the examiner has sent your licence away then just keep hold of the certificate until you get the pink card.