Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who has an iPad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm gonna get an iPad but I would like to know if I can copy images from the web and paste them in to Pages?

Comments

• Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    How would I do this because wasn't ware I could copy image with my iPhone.
  • Options
    The same way you save images on other iOS devices. You just hold the image, and click "Save image". It gets stored in your camera roll/albums, and you add them like you do with other images.
  • Options
    Can you buy me an iPad too?
  • Options
    The Apple iPad sure does look neat, but please be aware that the iPad is known as a tablet PC and they have been around since 2001. My old company sold Placeblades from 2003 onwards, although all the big manus have made their own - HP, Panasonic, LG, IBM/Lenovo and so on. We sold a lot of Acer laptops too and there was one model, again from 2003, that allowed you to turn the touch-screen inside out, covering the keyboard and it became a tablet PC. I'm not advertising/spamming because my company folded last year, but do be aware before you start budgeting £600 :-)
  • Options
    Also note its worth checking out the new one RIM are bringing out, i've only seen a few press releases about it, but it looks really good, think its a little smaller than the iPad too which can be viewed as both a positive or negative depending on your personal uses for it.

Also how longs the iPad been out now? i'm expecting Apple to bring out a very slightly different version with all the stuff they could have put on in the first place to make it a "brand new better than ever iPad" <-- Sorry for the sarcasm, used to love Apple but now i'm just so cynical of them and hate pretty much everything they bring out, anyway i'm getting distracted from the topic.

To answer your question, No i dont have one rendering everything i've put potentially pointless :d
  • Options
    I believe the RIM one has a lot more in the way of connectivity as well. ie it comes with USB connectors e.t.c.

And better batteries.
  • Options
    The new iPad is planned for April but I'm not looking for connectivity - if that was the case I'd use my netbook. I'm looking for something which acts purely as a larger and lighter mobile communication device/notepad and nothing more. I don't wanna get bogged down with booting a slow netbook or lugging around a big laptop. Plus I get a discount through work which would bring it down to £390 for the 16GB WIFI.
  • Options
    again, can you buy me one too, please?