Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

PGCE Placement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi,

Im a PGCE student at John Moores uni. We have 3 weeks at uni, then we are supposed to start on a placement at school (3 days a week).

People are starting on their placements tomorrow. Theres 45 people on the course, 6 of us still dont have a placement sorted and just have to stay at home til they find us somehwere! The uni has taken on way too many students in my opinion, they said themselves its more than previous years.

I feel like my tutor is fobbing me off all the time. Keeps saying he'll email me on the progress "later" and it never comes. I feel he ignores me a lot when I try to grab his attention to talk about it.

Im worried I may not get a placement at all! Is this normal at other unis too, is there always a few people without placements? I guess not.

Supposing I dont get a placement. What would my options be?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This has potentially been sorted now, but for my second placement I didn't have a school until the day before we were due to start. There were also people who didn't have placements for 2-3 weeks into placement time, but the uni sorted them eventually.

My advice would be don't panic, there are always a few people left without placements, just keep contacting your tutor every day to get updates and if there is a team at uni that deal with placing students make sure you're getting in touch with them too. Good luck.