Home Anything Goes
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Man in changing room

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How can you just take the wrong door. You dont just walk into the wrong gender changing rooms. Theyre always clearly marked. He blatantly did it on purpose.

    :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He was there with his children for god's sake. Fine, everything is possible in this world, I just give him the benefit of the doubt.

    And yea, the big hook is that you are not expecting someone of the other sex will be in this room. Once again: What is the big deal? Why don't you feel stripped of your privacy if a homosexual person (of the same sex) in the changing room is checking you out? If you are so easily freaked out by light rays that are reflected off your boobs and going right into a person's retina of the opposite sex (yea, I am ridiculing that, because that's what it is), please never get naked anywhere except a completely windowless room.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sepumseeme wrote: »

    Its a presonal thing isnt it, you wouldnt walk around your house with your tits out when your mates are round, therefore not many people ever get the chance to see a girls breasts apart from their partners so if this loaf strolls through catching an eyeful of somebodys breasts and that somebody never intending for him to see her breasts she will feel bad about it, shes in the ladies changing room to not be seen by men.

    Could be a 14 year old girl in there naked so it doesnt matter if the guy doesnt become aroused by all the girls in there because nudity is no big thing to him, the fact is its very disrespectful to the females in there as they might not be so relaxed about it.

    Yea, I am not walking around naked everywhere either and do not have intentions of specific people seeing my penis, but if it was by accident, like me changing in my room at my homeparty, because I poured beer over my lap and somebody I did not intend to show my reproductive organ walked in by chance and saw my penis I just wouldn't be freaked out. Maybe I cover up, maybe I grab the door handle and close the door, but I would not feel so disturbed about it.

    It's just an overreaction to me, but yea, different strokes for different folks. All I can say is, I feel more comfortable my way. Shame and awkwardness and this kinda "feeling caught red-handed" thing are never enjoyable sensations.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but strubble, arent you scandinavian anyway? Theres a huge cultural difference with regards to nudity. Just because youd be cool with it, that doesnt make it stupid or weird for a vulnerable young woman to feel violated if it happens to her.
    I wouldnt be upset, but id be fucking pissed off if some bloke walked into the female changing rooms when i was nude and i would certainly shout at him. I can totally imagine someone else being really upset about it. Its called empathy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    He was there with his children for god's sake. Fine, everything is possible in this world, I just give him the benefit of the doubt.

    And yea, the big hook is that you are not expecting someone of the other sex will be in this room. Once again: What is the big deal? Why don't you feel stripped of your privacy if a homosexual person (of the same sex) in the changing room is checking you out? If you are so easily freaked out by light rays that are reflected off your boobs and going right into a person's retina of the opposite sex (yea, I am ridiculing that, because that's what it is), please never get naked anywhere except a completely windowless room.



    If she was in a windowless room and a man walked in, you still wouldnt see the problem...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Yea, I am not walking around naked everywhere either and do not have intentions of specific people seeing my penis, but if it was by accident, like me changing in my room at my homeparty, because I poured beer over my lap and somebody I did not intend to show my reproductive organ walked in by chance and saw my penis I just wouldn't be freaked out. Maybe I cover up, maybe I grab the door handle and close the door, but I would not feel so disturbed about it.

    It's just an overreaction to me, but yea, different strokes for different folks. All I can say is, I feel more comfortable my way. Shame and awkwardness and this kinda "feeling caught red-handed" thing are never enjoyable sensations.

    Yeah i appreciate that mate and i admire your attitude, its a good way to be, im not very bashful either, we are after all just animals in clothes, i just wanted to get across that some people are incredibly uncomfatable being seen naked and i think they deserve to not have a man walk into their changing room.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sepumseeme wrote: »
    If she was in a windowless room and a man walked in, you still wouldnt see the problem...

    ... I was talking about a toilet or a changing room, something you walk in, know in 0,2 seconds that you are alone and then lock the door behind you.


    And no, Suzy, I am not Scandinavian. But yea, I am used to it. I don't think anybody has this in his genes per se, but it makes things a lot easier. And I wouldn't blame it on the country you grew up in either. It's a personal attitude. Let me just explain: Nakedness can have it's awkwardness: If someone was pointing and laughing. Nakedness can also be really uncomfortable: If someone else is drawing sexual gratification out of it. I find perving awful too and do not tolerate it at all, but yes, like I said in my post before. It's just two different views of the same thing. Like someone jumps on a table when there is a small mouse on the floor (they are so adorable. I could understand the reaction if it's an ugly insect!). No, this is not even a good comparison, because a mouse is an animal and stuff like phobias and stuff can play a role. But I just can't grasp if a normal, not peculiar person is so offended if someone saw specific body parts of them by accident.

    That's as far as my vindication goes. Some people feel violated, fair enough, you can't always chose what you are feeling about a specific matter, I just cannot reconstruct that sentiment.
    sepumseeme wrote: »
    i think they deserve to not have a man walk into their changing room.

    They certainly do. That's what these changing rooms are for and you should be ably to rely on this, because if you expect only people of the same sex being in there you could be unpleasantly surprised. Still, unexpected things happen and you kinda have to manage them too. However this man got in here, it does not matter. It should be reported, so the staff can maybe have an eye on it so nobody does it out of purpose.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it is wrong however you look at it, its a violation pure and simple.

    How would any man feel if he thought some random bloke was wandering through the female changing room whilst his wife/girlfriend or even daughter was in there?

    Sure he could have gone in by mistake but would you not expect a reaction of something like "Oh my god, i am so sorry" complete with hands over eyes as he backed out whilst turning red.

    To just walk right on through is very wrong in my opinion.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Louisek wrote: »
    would you not expect a reaction of something like "Oh my god, i am so sorry" complete with hands over eyes as he backed out whilst turning red.

    To just walk right on through is very wrong in my opinion.

    exactly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How can you just take the wrong door. You dont just walk into the wrong gender changing rooms. Theyre always clearly marked. He blatantly did it on purpose.
    Would you be as blasé about a peeping tom looking into peoples bedroom windows? Are people not entitled to privacy and to not have their naked body looked at by strangers of the opposite sex??

    I would absolutely disagree that he 'blatantly' did it on purpose. I've been having a shower outside the exits tonnes of times (I go swimming a fair bit) where mums have walked into the man and walked straight back out, and vice versa. It tends to be when they're with kids, but all the same, it's a very easy mistake to make.

    To walk through though and act nonchalant about it though was wrong. I'd have jumped and ran with my eyes covered.

    Though I also agree with strubbs (though not sure whether to apply it to this circumstance) that we are generally hung up about nudity and sex. This is the country where people lobby against mixed-sex toilets because they believe it will be a breeding ground for rapists and perverts. You can understand how that's an unhealthy attitude.

    You have to remember that the attitude to approach things in this country is innocent until proven guilty. We can prove he went into the wrong place, but we can't prove it was deliberate or malicious, so I too think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously it should be raised with the management in case he has a pattern of doing this, but what else do you think should happen?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    And I wouldn't blame it on the country you grew up in either. It's a personal attitude.

    Clearly, attitudes towards nudity are culturally specific. I don't mind anyone seeing the top of my head, but a lot of muslim would mind flashing their heads to the world, and this is clearly a cultural difference. Same with nudity, some people are fine with it, a lot of people aren't and it is for that reason that we have same sex changing rooms, because segregation in nude and changing environments is 'normal' in this culture.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good point.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think context has a huge bearing on it too. For instance, if I were drunk and out on the town, I might flash my boobs, or give someone a lap dance topless if they offered me enough money. However, if I were getting changed in a single sex changing room after a swim, I would feel shocked and embarrassed and violated if a man walked in on me, unexpectedly. Not because no one is allowed to see my boobs, or that I'm a prude but because of expectation and consent - if I'm out and show my boobs off I am consenting to them being displayed; if someone catches me unaware with my boobs out, I am not consenting to them being seen.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my gym was having a bit of a changing room refit some months back, so they wapped the rooms over so the women wouldn't have builders to worry about.

    Except they changed the rooms back at about 4pm on the Sunday. I started My session about 3, and I guess I was too engrossed in my book to hear them when they allegedly told everyone in the gym they had changed back. So, When I finished, I went back to the changing room, and had a shower, then walked back to my locker.

    Now the question is... why did the man in your story get the blame for viewing your nakedness, but the man in my story got the blame for being naked?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh no you didn't! Un-fucking-lucky! What happened, what did you say? Oh shit-sticks, that's a bit of a situation. I presume you had a towel on though, yeah?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    I presume you had a towel on though, yeah?

    errr... I had a towel with me, does that count?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    snorts through nose. That aint' gonna help. especially not with your massive donkey dong! You probably scarred some innocent minds for life, and left them wondering if they were missing out on something..

    lol-sticks
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well that was clearly an accident if the rooms had only just been changed back.
    I still wouldnt have liked it, but would have been more understanding, and I dont ever flash my boobs to men on nights out or sunbathe topless or nude or anything. I bloody hate communal changing rooms at the best of times and the lack of privacy when they dont offer cubicals, let alone if some bloke waltzes on through and doesnt even say sorry.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    snorts through nose. That aint' gonna help. especially not with your massive donkey dong! You probably scarred some innocent minds for life, and left them wondering if they were missing out on something..

    lol-sticks

    :grump: it's not that big. If you've slept with 14 men chances are you've had bigger - put me in a room with 45 other men, and there's only a 1 in 10 chance mine's the biggest in that room.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big Gay wrote: »
    a 1 in 10 chance mine's the biggest in that room.

    Better odds than the lottery. Whack it out big boy :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Better odds than the lottery. Whack it out big boy :D

    :yes: we need pics
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and a blind taste test
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yes: we need pics

    Common sense should tell you this isn't the place to post that sort of picture
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cryptic, love it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :naughty:
Sign In or Register to comment.