Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ready ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I reckon I'm ready for sex, but how do I tell my boyfriend without being too random about it. Should I just tell him the next time I speak to him or see him? And how do I bring it up without being too random?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask him if he's thought about it at all? Find out if you're on the same page. Doesn't matter if it's random, as long as it's not in public. :P

You should be able to talk about it comfortably before you attempt doing it.
    TintedLens wrote: »
    Ask him if he's thought about it at all?

Without wishing to belittle my own gender and suggest that we only think about one thing, that is a bit of a daft question.
    Touche.

But, it'd be a conversation starter.
    just start making out and get really heavy into it and start taking ur clothes off
    Whats wrong with being to random, if my wife said "I want sex" regardless of where it is, I AM THERE, all guys will be... heck he'd have you naked and away at it before you finish the word sex, trust me ;)
    Hi there broken'piece

There's a good article called ready for sex on TheSite.org. Being able to talk about sex with your partner is a positive thing as you start to think about sleeping together - after all you'll probably have to talk about contraception and getting STI tested - not to mention telling each other what you're enjoying and what just doesn't do it for you...

Maybe you could bring it up by talking about contraception - something like 'I was thinking about going to the doctor to talk about contraception options for us - as I thought maybe we've got to the stage that might be a good idea'. This should get the conversation started :)

As the others say, even if the first few words in the conversation are a bit awkward, as soon as the conversation starts it will get easier - sometimes you just have to swallow that bit of embarrassment and say those first words!