Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I've just been given a job interview at Age UK! It's on Friday. It's for International Communications Team Volunteer. I'm nervous and excited! Not sure what to wear though or what questions they will ask.

Comments

• Options
    do you have a copy of the job description/person specification? i usually go through that before interviews and make sure i know how i match it, and think of examples of how i match each point. then i draft answers for why i want the job, what i can bring, skills i have, what makes me the best person, the experience i have and how that relates to the job etc. i also usually try and come up with some good ideas in case they ask for some. and i obviously always try and make sure my passion for the job comes across. plus, obviously do some research on Age UK, sometimes they ask you what you know about the company. i'm sure you'll be fine - sounds a really interesting job!! as for what to wear - the smarter the better i'd say. you want to make the best impression.
  • Options
    I can't tell you what they might ask, but I can give some advice based on some interviews we had yesterday -

1. At least act like you're interested in the job. Even if it's just going to be a filler, claiming that the reason you want the job is "for something to do in the day" probably isn't the best move.

2. Stay positive, don't moan about stuff.

3. Give yourself props for what you do well currently, rather than shining glory on other members of your team. You're the one being interviewed, not them.

4. Dont' gibber, say what you need to say, then stop talking to let the interviewers ask another question.
  • Options
    Thanks for you responses.

It went quite well I think, they didn't ask anything too challenging.

I hear on Monday.