Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

alcohol.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
one of my teacher's thinks im an alcoholic, and made me promise to go ten days without drinking. it's day five, and i fucked up. i've got his lesson tomorrow, and im a shit liar. im freaking out, i dont know what to do. i dont think i can even LOOK at him.

HELP?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you more worried about being alcoholic or being in trouble with your teacher?
    honestly? being in trouble with him. im scared he'll report me to my pupil support teacher, who's a total cow. and also, i dont want him to be disappointed in me.
    Are you in the UK? I'm only asking because school is only compulsary until age 16, then you go to college 16-18, then uni 18-21 if you wanted to. Therefore, I think the issue isn't alcoholism but underaged drinking.
    Are you getting help for your alcohol problems?
    yeah im only fifteen, so i reckon it's just underaged drinking.

i probably DO drink too much, and i shouldnt be drinking through the week but it helps with my selfharming.

and no, but i dont think i need support or anything, i just like a drink. and i just feel pretty shit for not keeping my word. :/
  • luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi laurenmckay :wave:

Sorry you're feeling like you've let your teacher down and thanks for being so honest and opening up on the boards.

Although it may feel like you've failed, not drinking for 5 days in itself is an achievement, and it's important to remember that. The fact that you tried to stop in the first place is half the battle. If you decide that you do want to cut down your drinking further, maybe this article will give you some tips on how to drink less.

You clearly respect your teacher, and the fact that he set you the challenge not to drink for ten days (as hard as it may be) shows that he has your best interests at heart - he cares. Maybe it would be worth sitting down with him and telling him how you're feeling?

I hope you're feeling a bit better about yourself and do keep posting :)
    luc_b wrote: »
    Although it may feel like you've failed, not drinking for 5 days in itself is an achievement, and it's important to remember that.

:yes: Small steps and all that.
    thanks for that link, it's been really useful !

and yeah, i just feel annoyed with myself about not managing to do it, but im sure i'll get there (:
    honestly? being in trouble with him. im scared he'll report me to my pupil support teacher, who's a total cow. and also, i dont want him to be disappointed in me.

I think you should be more worried about the issue you have than how someone might behave towards you, should they find out your problem.
    yeah im only fifteen, so i reckon it's just underaged drinking.

I think that you've just proven something different.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I think you should be more worried about the issue you have than how someone might behave towards you, should they find out your problem.

i'm meant to be speaking to my pupil support teacher about it tomorrow, so i'll see how that goes. :)
    Hi laurenmckay,

How did it go with your Pupil Support Teacher today?

:)
    Harry23 wrote: »
    Hi laurenmckay,

How did it go with your Pupil Support Teacher today?

:)

it went alright thanks.. she offered me some help with things, so i'll have to see how things go after the holidays :)