Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dublin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What are the best things to do in Dublin?

We are going for three nights in January :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Temple bar for the best night life. I stayed there when I was there and we had live music played in the hostel from 2 in the afternoon till 2 in the morning and it just made a brilliant atmosphere. Also have to go to the Guiness factory, and see st Paul's cathedral. Me and my friend just ignored our maps and walked round the whole of Dublin which is manageable in a few hours. Whatever you decide to do you will have an amazing time
    Randomgirl wrote: »

OMG You are soooooo LUCKY I've wanted to go to dublin since I was 11 oww well I know nothing but hope you enjoy it you are sooooo lucky :)
    Randomgirl wrote: »

I hope you have a nice time....the only thing remotely good is the Guiness factory, which is not a factory but a museum. The best thing I did in Dublin was to go to the airport and fly back to Basel.
    Hiya i just got back from Dublin its was excellent its expensive very!! Guiness factory is brilliant if your a great guiness lover like my hubbi is!!
    There is soooo much to do and see u will be walking lots and lots, temple bar is where it all happens at nite and the buzz is excellent i much prefer it to uk nitelife. if u find a little mexican god knows what its called its only a small place but the food is outta this world yummy!!!! x
    I hope you have a nice time....the only thing remotely good is the Guiness factory, which is not a factory but a museum. The best thing I did in Dublin was to go to the airport and fly back to Basel.

I think your experience was untypical. Most people seem to enjoy Dublin, so I'm sure flowergirl will have a great time.

... and people, it's GUINNESS with two n's! :yum:
    Go to Brown Thomas for shopping - umm i've been loads but i cant' think off the top of my head what to do.

The Jamesons factory is good as well - esp if like me you dont' like stout.

There are some nice walks down by the canal as well.
    It's a hoot is Dubbers.

But as others have pointed out, it is very expensive - I'd probably say it's worse than London.

And the weather is invariably shite.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    The Jamesons factory is good as well - esp if like me you dont' like stout.

The Jameson's factory is hot on our list for our next visit. I believe they have quite a good eatery there too. It's sad really, we pass through Dublin quite often on the way to the ferry, but rarely have the chance to stop.

For a good, reasonably priced, burger, I recommend The Bank Bar on College Green. Unsurprisingly, the bar/restaurant occupies a grand old bank building. It has a lively atmosphere, but is less touristy than the Temple Bar joints.