Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Funny people, help me out!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I need the comedians amongst you.....

I'm picking up a good friend from the airport on Sunday; he's been away for about a month and I'd like to welcome him back to the UK in a memorable manner!

Was thinking of going dressed as a limo/taxi driver with a sign saying LOSER on it, and then standing with the other taxi pickup people, but wanted some input from you witty lot to see if I could do better.....

Any ideas? Do bear in mind I'll be alone, and if the flight is delayed I may be there alone for some time.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you got an officious looking dark suit ?

You could grab him by the elbow and say in a load voice

'This way if you please Sir.' Whilst you snap on a rubber glove and get out the lube.
    So I need the comedians amongst you.....

I'm picking up a good friend from the airport on Sunday; he's been away for about a month and I'd like to welcome him back to the UK in a memorable manner!

Was thinking of going dressed as a limo/taxi driver with a sign saying LOSER on it, and then standing with the other taxi pickup people, but wanted some input from you witty lot to see if I could do better.....

Any ideas? Do bear in mind I'll be alone, and if the flight is delayed I may be there alone for some time.....

you could fetch him naked... That would be memorable.
    Pretend you're having a heart attack. Then when he's at the edge, breaking down .. go .. SURPRISE.. ONLY JOKING ........

Worst idea ever?
    I like you idea best out of these.
    i would just pick him up with a hug and a lovely hello
    Funny sign?

I once picked someone up at the airport with a sign that said, "Welcome Marian, world champion arm wrestler." Not only did she burst out laughing and turn red, a couple of people ask her for her autograph!:D

Maybe there is some thing your friend could be "good" at?
    katralla wrote: »

me too, do it! :D
    Convince him that has now foreign accent over the next few days by pretending that you can't undestand him in everyday conversation :) As for picking him up at the airport, I don't know, your idea is pretty awesome :D
    Get a minibus to pick him up from the airport, you dress as willy wonka, and get a load of mates to paint themselves orange and go dressed as umpa loompas.
    katralla wrote: »

I concur.

Or just hide and pretend you forgot to show up and watch him stress about it.
    Or tell security this guy has a bomb in his luggage. Hilarity will ensue!