Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ooops, I forgot to say hello!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone!
I probably should have introduced myself before I went rampant writing and responding to posts.

My name is Shay. Ozzer is actually my cat's name. I couldn't think of a handle and she was the first thing I saw! I am 25 years old, female, married, and I live in the states. Just in case you couldn't tell. I live in Minnesota. I love it here but it is really cold in the winter time and it snows like crazy. I moved here with my fiance (now husband) 3 years ago after my parents kicked me out of their house. Turns out they didn't approve of my husband, but that is their problem, not mine. Anyway, I love chatting with people and giving advice. I tend to ramble on a bit much but I try my best to keep things short.

Well, that's all I can really think of to tell you. I don't want to bore you all to death! Let me know if there is anything you would actually LIKE to know. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    Hi

What kind of cat is it?
  • Options
    She is a tabby.
    Now for the long story answer:
    When my husband I moved in to our house we found her living in our yard under a bush. I started leaving food and water out for her as well as a litter box (which she surprisingly used instead of my garden!)For over a month I would go outside every day and sit on the ground for hours, hoping that she would come up to me. Eventually she started coming up and rubbing against me. I couldn't reach down and pet her but she would pet me. Then she started following me wherever I would go. She would walk down the street about 2 feet behind me. People would give me these weird looks. I don't blame them since I had a cat following me! I would go into the little store down the street and she would sit outside the door waiting for me and then follow me home. Eventually I was able to pet her and pick her up and she moved inside with me. I found out from my neighbors that she had been tossed out on the street by the previous owners of our house. They had abused her horribly and she still has the physical scars to prove it. Now she is very happy living inside and finally fully trusts me. She is two years old and just figure out how to purr a few days ago! She is also a lot of fun to dress up and very photogenic.

http://stuffonmycat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7812&Itemid=58#tab1
  • Options
    aw, how super cute.
  • Options
    Hey :)
  • Options
    Hello :wave:
    Cute cat :d
  • Options
    Hello,

Welcome to thesite :)

Your cat is supercute, I have a tabby cat as well called Tino but he'd never tolerate being dressed up!
  • Options
    Hiya i loved reading your post u seem really chatty i am like this also but i am finding at the moment i tend to hold back alot i scared i guess on how people will take me, I think your cat is very lucky to have u , u was very patient with her and u gained her trust she is lovely. i have a dog called maggie i love her to bits how people hurt defenceless animals is beyond me thou, anyways i stop rambling now i am also new so nice to meet u :) x