Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Camhs - Urghh Help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,
I suffer from servere depression and servere soical axinety and hullucations, i have been seeing CAMHS they dont seem to be helping me any and they are not understanding how i actually feel i have been seeing my CAMHS worker for 2 years he has tryed me on meducation, floxutine and risperdone but these did not help me. He also has gave me a nummber of coucelling sessions witch i have been to but these did not help, we where going around in ciracles discussing the same thing over and over again. Eventually he sent me to an adolecents unit but this was not much good as i was always cooking for other people and it was more of an activty based program what didnt help me any so i was discharged from there. About 2 weeks ago i was in a&e due to feeling so low down and hearing voices my CAMHS worker did come to the hospital and see me but he did not offer any help or support he said that the only thing he could do was to discharge me. I mean what goods that when i keep feeling so low down and hearing voices telling me to do bad things to myself and putting my self at risk. My CAMHS worker called me on last friday and told me we could try some family thearpy but the problem is i dont need family thearpy there is nothing wrong with my home life at all. Im just really at my wits end with CAMHS because they are not intrested at all and dont wont to help me they just go around in circales i have told them this and so has my mum. But we are still no ffuther foward i have been back to my GP of a nummber of occassions and they refer me back to CAMHS because of age. So basically i have no help what so ever apart from calling people for help such as the NHS and other other people but when i do this, emergecny services seem to get involved all the time and i get taken to A&E then a few hours later im let out and everything is back to normal with no help or support. I dont know what do has anyone got any adivce on what to do about this situatuion ? I dont know if i should go back to my GP and try and push them and see what they say about this .

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i always used to think that CAMHS were shit and that they didn't understand or listen properly, but the care they gave me was far better than the adult services. they are limited with what they can offer you, mostly because they are grossly underfunded. when they offered you family therapy it probably wasn't because they were suggesting that your family life is unstable; they might have thought that it would help you to learn new ways of coping with your problems together, and to teach your family the best ways to help you. so it might be worth thinking about.

without going into detail, i'm in a very similar situation to you, but with the adult MH services. and you are doing the right thing, keep going to your GP and keep pushing for what you need. i know how frustrating it is to feel that you are being passed from pillar to post but not actually getting there. if i was you i would seriously consider the family therapy, if only because it keeps you in the system, and it must be better than nothing.