Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Paypal holding funds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I have sold a fancy dress outfit on ebay and I order my items directly from the company I work for, I have done this many times before and I just transfer the money to my account and pay from there etc. However this time paypal has withheld the payment saying they will release it in 21 days or when I get left positive feedback. The problem I got is that I need the payment to order the goods etc.

Has anyone had this problem is the past and does anyone know how to get around it. It is only for £28 and I have sold £180 poles before with no problem so I am not really sure what is going on.

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's PayPal being typical PayPal. Only thing you can do is phone them and discuss it with them. If they won't release the funds, you just have to wait.
    had to refund the money in the end as the woman didn't want to wait or provide card details. :( stupid paypal!
    Do you still have the dispute open?
    there wasn't a dispute opened just paypal sucking lol
    This is usually what happens when both or either one of the users isn't verified.
    sepumseeme

I had this happen to me before, not as a request form the person buying from me, they payed and were unaware paypal had not given me their money, paypal stated its something they do for security reasons in case of fraud, this is apparently done randomly from time to time.
    You can only to contact their department. Sometimes,your paypal account will be ok soon.banana.gif
    Something similar is happening to me at the moment. They said that because I have received £1700 in Paypal payments over the years, my account is frozen until I validated my phone number. Hell, I've had this account for 9 years which is like £200 per year. I wouldn't regard that as money laundering :-P Anyway, the phone number they want is a landline, which I don't have, so they're having to do this thing where they mail me (by snail mail) a code. When I receive it, I then have to punch it into my Paypal account. I can live with it but it is a bit of a pain because my monies will be frozen in there for a couple of weeks.