Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What laptop do you think the insurance co will give?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Current laptop is an Acer 5735z 4GB ram/T4400 Dual Core/320HDD

Never dealt with these insurance people before and as the T4400 is no more I am wondering what they will offer and how much. I certainly will not accept any less than 4GB of ram or a Celeron T3100/AMD p320 though laptops with these processors are in the region of what \i paid for my Acer - I think I'll be cheeky and ask for an i3 or phenom x3 n830 unless they can provide me with an acer with a T4500 processor.

Comments

• Options
    I do have some PC repair background from 2003 to 2009. Customers claiming on insurance tend to get quoted PC World for a replacement. So therefore it would be an Advent laptop. That's from my own experience though, so all you can really do is call your insurers to obtain a decision. You may even get a choice of manufacturers. PC costs continually drop, so they'll insure you up to the spec of the machine, not the original machine value.
  • Options
    i work at pc world and most people get vouchers for the value of their laptop but seeing as we do not have anything that is in the spec range of my laptop I was hoping they would bump up the price a bit, however don't know myself whether they just give you a choice of this or that. cheers for the reply.
  • Options
    Makoto, you are in the perfect position to ask a PC World colleague :-)

If the voucher's value doesn't quite cut it for your new spec, then ask whether they'll allow you to use the voucher as part-payment. Maybe £50 on top of the voucher is all it takes for you to get the machine you desire.