Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Derby and NYE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I managed to get a really good hotel deal for several days in Derby - I'm planning a bit of a road trip staying at various places along the way there and back but the bulk of my stay is in Derby. I'll be driving so I want to plan a few day trips, etc each day keeping Derby as my base .. any suggestions of places to visit in or near Derby?

Also the dates cover N.Y.E. so what do people suggest for the actual night?

I don't mind staying in Derby or travelling to Nottingham or nearby places for N.Y.E. any suggestions are welcome. :wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only been to Derby twice. What sort of thing would you want to do for NYE? Any kind of music you're into that would sway your choice of clubs?
    Derby for NYE? I would seriously recommend going to Nottingham instead. I've always seen Derby as abit of a dump tbh (no offensive).
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Derby for NYE? I would seriously recommend going to Nottingham instead. I've always seen Derby as abit of a dump tbh (no offensive).

It all depends on what you're used to.

I live in one of the biggest cities in the world, so for me going to a town where there's fair selection of clubs and bars in a single street and where you can be back home in minutes is really a nice change for me.

I liked it in Derby ... things felt relaxed and you could be in a heavy metal bar one minute and a funky little bar the next.. People seemed more chilled out and with so many people from all over the world coming to work there in the engine plants it's a pretty cool place.
    Well as long as you like it thats the main thing :)
    Best thing about Derby is the M1, which can get you out of there asap:D
    Same thing for the Airport :)