Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Terrible Twilight

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who likes Twilight?

Get your teeth into this and share your views!
http://www.thesite.org/community/reallife/rants/terribletwilight

:thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    really agree! especially
    His over-protective nature is not something many girls would find attractive in real life. Also, his role as male protector shows Meyer is old fashioned when it comes to gender roles,

i'm fed up of two men (werewolf/vamp/whatever) fighting over bella. she seems to always be being carried around all the time and just blah. she's not a baby. she should use her feet once in a while

i find the mormon ethos that runs throughout the most creepy.. oh and that stephanie meyor cant write for poop!
    Emma, meet the apostrophe. Apostrophe, meet Emma.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Just a note, I'm actually on that page ;D
    Bah, she needs to just relax a little about it. I don't think it was ever claimed that the novels were great works of fiction. Interesting though that she compares the series to Harry Potter claiming that Potter is well-written. Did she even read the early Potter stuff? The only reason why Potter was well-written in the end was because Rowling had 6 books to practice with.
    personally, i am not sure why so many people like twilight.

:no:

i've watched it, but only because i had friends that wanted to see it.

not my choice
    I watched it for about 20 minutes, felt like I was sat there for an hour... I had to turn it off as it was just rediculously morkish and badly acted.

Also, I think the girl who wrote the article needs her eyes tested for describing Robert Pattinson as anything other than "having a face that looks like a foot".

See attached.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Emma, meet the apostrophe. Apostrophe, meet Emma.

Bah, it's a technical hitch with our content management system strips them out - Katralla usually identifies all the one's I've missed...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I watched it for about 20 minutes, felt like I was sat there for an hour... I had to turn it off as it was just rediculously morkish and badly acted.

Also, I think the girl who wrote the article needs her eyes tested for describing Robert Pattinson as anything other than "having a face that looks like a foot".

See attached.

:lol: literally. Although the fat girls reference ruins it for me.
    **helen** wrote: »
    :lol: literally. Although the fat girls reference ruins it for me.
    I didn't draw the picture, but he does resemble a foot, there's no denying it :p

ETA: Here's a link to a more convincing Vampire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthsQVsXwEg
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    After reading that, I still adore twilight to bits; as robert patterson is not a poor actor and bella is amazing; I love twilight. :heart:
    After reading that, I still adoren twilight to bits a robert pattersoon is not a poor acter and bella is amazing; I love twilight. :heart:
    And with grammar/spelling like that, it's no surprise why =)
    1528.jpg

Nuff said.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wonder if it will eventually be revealed that "Stephanie Meyer" is actually a misogynistic man who wrote the books under a woman's name in order to "prove" what women really want ("someone to rule them"), and how the fans will react to that.
    Just delays the disillusioning of young females, thinking they rather wait for prince charming (or prince vampire, prince magic, prince whatever) who will carry them around/fight for them/would die for them/wipe their arse before becoming realistic and entering the dating and relationship world as the rest of the world knows it.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Just delays the disillusioning of young females, thinking they rather wait for prince charming (or prince vampire, prince magic, prince whatever) who will carry them around/fight for them/would die for them/wipe their arse before becoming realistic and entering the dating and relationship world as the rest of the world knows it.

agreeee
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Cute
    1528.jpg
    nuff said.

He is still cute and sexy, do you think he's in a relationship with someone? He's a perfect sexy prince charming :).
    He is still cute and sexy, do you think he's in a relationship with someone? He's a perfect sexy prince charming :).
    He looks like a foot.

I really can't stress that enough.
    I love Twilight..I watched the first one last year and thought I would hate it because everyone was so obsessed I thought it would be stupid, but I fell in love....I just think it is a really good story line(in my opinion). Just one thing that pisses me off now is that their are tons of tv shows and movies coming out about vampires now...I mean when Buffy the vampire came out...no one seemed to give a shit, but now twilight...vampires are amazing?!?!?!
    I love Twilight..I watched the first one last year and thought I would hate it because everyone was so obsessed I thought it would be stupid, but I fell in love....I just think it is a really good story line(in my opinion). Just one thing that pisses me off now is that their are tons of tv shows and movies coming out about vampires now...I mean when Buffy the vampire came out...no one seemed to give a shit, but now twilight...vampires are amazing?!?!?!

Vampires are a genre that's always been around, it's not just because of Twilight although people may seek it out more actively now and hence it's getting more attention from a crowd that was never into vampires. There's been no shortage of vampire stuff long before Twilight.

--
    Twilight has somehow slipped right by me. I've now heard so much about poor character development in the stories that I've skipped both the books and movies. Ignorance is bliss (not to mention that I've already wasted too much time on some very bad vampire literature though the years). :)

He is a vampire. His heart has stopped. There is no blood coursing through his veins. Ergo, he will not be able to achieve, or maintain an erection. Girl fans of Twilight, please take heed.
    **helen** wrote: »
    Katralla usually identifies all the one's I've missed...

I found a spare one :p