Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sad because big brother is over

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone watch the last ever big brother UK on channel 4 last night?

so sad it's finished

:mad:

i followed that since the start.

well, i guess it was a nice idea to crown brian as the ultimate housemate though personally i would have wanted nadia.

:rolleyes:

anyone watched it, and if so what do you think about it being the last episode

i know channel 5 may be buying it, let's hope they do

but for now, guess i need to buy the dvd to keep me occupied
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I pray every day that it never comes back. Should have finished after the second series.
    MoK wrote: »
    I pray every day that it never comes back. Should have finished after the second series.

Yep. It was good at first, good social experiment but it just became an excuse for desperate wannabes to act up in front the camera for attention and become "famous"
    OMG Brian won, are you sure, but he's so thick?
    He only won cos Josie walked out... I stopped watching as soon as she did... I'm surprised they dint do the cheesey thing and let Jade Goody win it..
    i quite liked big brother. Ive watched a few of the series. I think its a shame in one way that its over, but it did take up a hell of a lot of viewing time
    I am gutted it's over, I've watched it from the start. I actually cried- especially when they did that bit for Jade Goody. It won't be the same on channel 5 so I couldn't really care less whether they buy it or not. I knew Brian would win, I said that as soon as he entered the house even before all the housemates had gone in. End of an era :crying:
    Good riddance!
    i know channel 5 may be buying it, let's hope they do

I heard from my other forum, Ukrides, that Channel Five have bought Big Brother. I was never into BB, but it is a household name and should keep going. How come it went on until September this year? 2001 was the worst for timing because it clashed with the tail end of uni. At least BB 2000 and 2010 got it right, showing it during the holidays.
    Yeah I will miss it. I really enjoy BB.
    I liked Big Brother, although it did take up WAY too much time. I'm nosy, and people fascinate me, so it's like a step up from curtain twitching. So many people you see go in, and think they're total pricks, and by the end of the series you're thinking they're pretty ace, really. I quite like to be proved wrong about people like that.

This last series (not Ultimate BB) was the best ever, I think. Whoever thinks up the tasks excelled themselves this year, the ignore the obvious one was brilliant.

Can see it taking a nose dive in the hands of Channel Five, though! They should just let it die.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I heard from my other forum, Ukrides, that Channel Five have bought Big Brother. I was never into BB, but it is a household name and should keep going. How come it went on until September this year? 2001 was the worst for timing because it clashed with the tail end of uni. At least BB 2000 and 2010 got it right, showing it during the holidays.

that's great news.

;)

i'm glad they eventually chose to buy it
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I am gutted it's over, I've watched it from the start. I actually cried- especially when they did that bit for Jade Goody. It won't be the same on channel 5 so I couldn't really care less whether they buy it or not. I knew Brian would win, I said that as soon as he entered the house even before all the housemates had gone in. End of an era :crying:

at least there's big brother's big dvd.

:hyper: :hyper:

will be ordering that from the channel 4 shop as soon as possible.

:love:
    Kaff wrote: »
    This last series (not Ultimate BB) was the best ever, I think. Whoever thinks up the tasks excelled themselves this year, the ignore the obvious one was brilliant.

Ignore the obvious was the best task ever!
    I saw Jo the Cougar on the Tottenham Court Road this afternoon :D
    MoK wrote: »

:yes:
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Yep. It was good at first, good social experiment but it just became an excuse for desperate wannabes to act up in front the camera for attention and become "famous"

GoodFella wrote: »
    Good riddance!