Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Which one are you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
A study of more than 36,000 people from around the world concluded that musical tastes and personality type were closely related.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh in the UK suggested classical music fans were shy, while heavy metal fans were gentle and at ease with themselves.

Fans of Indie music had low self-esteem and were not hard working, fans of Rap music had high self-esteem and were outgoing. Country & Western fans were hardworking and outgoing, Reggae fans were creative but not hardworking, and fans of chart pop had high self-esteem, were not creative, but where hardworking and outgoing.

So which one are you?

From www.thisdayinmusic.com
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like diance music and i like it up the bum so if you like dance music you're dirty :naughty:
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I like diance music and i like it up the bum so if you like dance music you're dirty :naughty:

sexy :naughty:
    Mudbug wrote: »
    A study of more than 36,000 people from around the world concluded that musical tastes and personality type were closely related.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh in the UK suggested classical music fans were shy, while heavy metal fans were gentle and at ease with themselves.

Fans of Indie music had low self-esteem and were not hard working, fans of Rap music had high self-esteem and were outgoing. Country & Western fans were hardworking and outgoing, Reggae fans were creative but not hardworking, and fans of chart pop had high self-esteem, were not creative, but where hardworking and outgoing.

So which one are you?

From www.thisdayinmusic.com

How do you explain Levi Roots?
    well, that didon't work for me.

i'm more in to heavy metal than anything else but if the research is right, my persinallity fits indie.

:confused:
    well, that didon't work for me.

i'm more in to heavy metal than anything else but if the research is right, my persinallity fits indie.

:confused:

ahha...maybe you are a secret indie fan... :d
    skakitty wrote: »
    ahha...maybe you are a secret indie fan... :d

well, i guess i do like some indi artists but it's not my prefered choice.

:heart:

i liked the artic monkeys for a while but now gone off them
    sepumseeme wrote: »
    How do you explain Levi Roots?

I suspect that this theory is a generalisation rather than scientific. ;)
    Smells like that stuff I get a whiff of sometimes... bullshit!
    Mudbug wrote: »

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh in the UK

Heriot Watt is bollcks for anything except its original subjects like engineering and physics (the business school is pretty good as well)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a raver which means I work hard, play hard, get fucked up on Class A drugs and generally don't give a fuck

Nice to meet you. :D

ETA stereotypes are generaLIEsations. Crap, bollocks, jank!
    Weekender Offender 
    RubberSkin wrote: »

Hey I like dance music.
    katralla wrote: »
    Smells like that stuff I get a whiff of sometimes... bullshit!

jahhh! someone i know has extremely low confidence and listens to rap music
    I like music and dance
This discussion has been closed.