Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

History ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Can anyone help how to start the question:

To what extent did the Liberal Reforms deal effectively with the problem of poverty?

I'm stuck on how to start it but I know what else to write for the rest of it. I haven't managed to get help from my teacher as he as been off for a while.

Thank you, in advance.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK, well this is how I would do it.... (Note... I don't know anything about the topic.. so this is sort of general)

Erm, well first of all "answer" the question.....
    So did the Liberal Reforms deal with poverty? If so... how so? "To what extent" is asking for a measured judgement... so were the reforms very effective, somewhat effective or not really effective at all?

To help answer that I'd perhaps include the answers to these questions... Did poverty still exist after the reforms? What about short-term and long-term? Was there something else which made more of a difference than the reforms or did something stand in the way of them working?

I'd bring up my main points, (not listing them however) and how they link in with my argument. Also if there are several interpretations on the topic I'd make sure to mention them in the introduction.
    Thank you purplestarfish, you've been a great help! :D
    I would also explain what the problems were before the reforms.
    Also, explain what the reforms were...