Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Please don't forget Pakistan.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All I've tried to do is ask people to remember and give a quid and guess what ...the majority don't give.

The majority dont give a shit, lots of bad stuff happens in the world but its not our problem.
    Now my friends, I am opposed to the system of society in which we live today, not because I lack the natural equipment to do for myself but because I am not satisfied to make myself comfortable knowing that there are thousands of my fellow men who suffer for the barest necessities of life.

We were taught under the old ethic that man's business on this earth was to look out for himself. That was the ethic of the jungle; the ethic of the wild beast. Take care of yourself, no matter what may become of your fellow man. Thousands of years ago the question was asked; ''Am I my brother's keeper?'' That question has never yet been answered in a way that is satisfactory to civilized society.

Yes, I am my brother's keeper. I am under a moral obligation to him that is inspired, not by any maudlin sentimentality but by the higher duty I owe myself. What would you think me if I were capable of seating myself at a table and gorging myself with food and saw about me the children of my fellow beings starving to death": Eugene V. Debs: 1908 speech
    Territt wrote: »
    The majority dont give a shit, lots of bad stuff happens in the world but its not our problem.

I know loades of people who have nt cared bout der flood as its non of der business its not afecting them but me ma's from pakistan so were doin alot of donateing :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    moroccan roll, as much as I agree with the sentiment behind this thread, your condescending attitude at times is really quite frustrating. If you knew and could relate to the folk that use this forum at the moment, you wouldn't contemplate for a second using the tone you have, or calling anyone a twat, least of all the lovely Naun. :p
    **helen** wrote: »
    moroccan roll, as much as I agree with the sentiment behind this thread, your condescending attitude at times is really quite frustrating. If you knew and could relate to the folk that use this forum at the moment, you wouldn't contemplate for a second using the tone you have, or calling anyone a twat, least of all the lovely Naun. :p

Goodbye ...I'm leaving the high tech world and going all primitive.
    Well ...not really primitive but very different than the world most of you are used to.
    Best of luck for the future everyone.
    Goodbye.