Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Countering the Cuts Article

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here

It's an article about myths of the recession and cuts... What do people think?

Comments

• Options
    Certainly interesting article. A lot of it doesnt actually provide too much evidence. A lot of the "myths" I havnt actually seen been pushed.

Keeps on mentioning facts as a proportions and relevant too.

Still a decent read, but sounds like the person who wrote it isnt as shit hot on economics side of things. Im not an economist, but i spent a lot of time making up a fictional country for a training exercise and wrote a big ass economy section for it, which involved a lot of work.

It mentions that the economy myth is that we are not in as bad a situation as we have ever been before. The reference to the end of world war 2 makes me laugh!
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Certainly interesting article. A lot of it doesnt actually provide too much evidence. A lot of the "myths" I havnt actually seen been pushed.

Still a decent read, but sounds like the person who wrote it isnt as shit hot on economics side of things. Im not an economist, but i spent a lot of time making up a fictional country for a training exercise and wrote a big ass economy section for it, which involved a lot of work.

It mentions that the economy myth is that we are not in as bad a situation as we have ever been before. The reference to the end of world war 2 makes me laugh!
    Do you know any good counter articles for debate?

What about World War 2 makes you laugh?
  • Options
    The opening paragraph is a bad start.

The Govt aren't saying that the debt crisis was caused by a bloated public sector, more that the Govt should reduce to sector to reduce costs. Basically we cannot afford the current set up.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Do you know any good counter articles for debate?

What about World War 2 makes you laugh?

The fact they compared financial situations with a time when we were being armed and supplied cash by the yanks. Completely different situation.
  • Options
    G wrote: »

This lot of time you spent ...did it cover governments creating and distributing their own money instead of having rivate central banks doing it for profit?
    Every diollar or pound printed carrying six percent interest to a group of private for profit bankers?
    As opposed to governments printing and circulating their own currencies without having to pay a private profit making organisation?
    If the government produced the money out of thin air instead of international banking families producing it out odf thin air ...we would have little or no debt?
    Every pound or dollar created ...is created as debt to private families ...did it cover that?