Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nice one, TheSite....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Year after year I had relationships with women I didn't really fancy and was never really happy with any of them. Then I answer someone's thread on here, we get talking, we arrange to meet and to cut a long story short on Saturday the 21st we celebrated our 1st anniversary together. In that time I moved 200 miles to be with her, I've taken a job here and taken on her daughters as my own. As soon as financial circumstances allow it we'll be getting married too. It took me until I was 35 but I found my Soulmates - cheers TheSite!

Comments

• Options
    Year after year I had relationships with women I didn't really fancy and was never really happy with any of them. Then I answer someone's thread on here, we get talking, we arrange to meet and on Saturday the 21st we celebrated our 1st anniversary together. In that time I moved 200 miles to be with her, I've taken a job here and taken on her daughters as my own. As soon as financial circumstances allow it we'll be getting married too. It took me until I was 35 but I found my Soulmates - cheers TheSite!

Always nice to read a happy thread in here, good to hear! Its true what saythey though, you find people when you least expect to :)
  • Options
    Another thesite romance, congratulations!
  • Options
    :thumb:
    Oh, I don't know that. Let me tell you what I do know. Every day I come by to pick you up. And we go out we have a few drinks and a few laughs, and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb to when I get to your door. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that.
  • Options
    That's so sweet :)

I've been with my man on and off for five months, and I love him very much. He spends almost seven days a week working, so I don't see him very much, and when I do it's usually only for an evening. He's talked about quitting his job for me, but I don't really think he will, and I don't know how much longer we can last as we are.

Reading this thread rekindled my hope that maybe, just maybe, love will overcome the obstacles.
  • Options
    Aahh, that's fab! :)
  • Options
    that's lovely
  • Options
    Aww congrats :)
  • Options
    in celebration GIGIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTY!
  • Options
    Oh

Oh wow thass wonderful! Congratulations on finding someone so special to you =D
  • Options
    Awwww congrats Glen! I have an IRL friend who introduced me to TheSite.org. He got a girlie off here and now they've been together for a while too. He did the same as you Glen - move geographically closer to the girl.
  • Options
    I've never seen a forum that creates quite as much in the way of relationships as this one. It's one of those things that keeps me visiting after almost 6 years. It must be something in the water. Or the HTML code, in this case. Possibly.

Congratulations to the two of you.
  • Options
    Aww how nice, glad its all worked out for you.

I cant see myself marrying anyone off here, but you never know. :D
  • Options
    this is brilliant, congrats :D there is hope for the rest of us thesite singletons!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - it proves there is hope for everyone, I'd long since given up on finding the right one before I met her. Bear in mind I'm 36, I met her when I was 35 and I'd already decided I was going to grow old alone. Our song is Kanye West's Knock you down as it sums up exactly how we felt when we met.

It may take you a long time - hopefully not as long as it did for me, but you WILL find the right one. Bollocks to "the more you chase love the more it runs from you" and all that crap. It will come when it's ready regardless of what you're doing at the time.
  • Options
    Aye very true :) Hope for us all yet!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - it proves there is hope for everyone, I'd long since given up on finding the right one before I met her. Bear in mind I'm 36, I met her when I was 35 and I'd already decided I was going to grow old alone. Our song is Kanye West's Knock you down as it sums up exactly how we felt when we met.

It may take you a long time - hopefully not as long as it did for me, but you WILL find the right one. Bollocks to "the more you chase love the more it runs from you" and all that crap. It will come when it's ready regardless of what you're doing at the time.

Awwww i bloody hope so!!
  • Options
    who is it? :p
  • Options
    KymC :)
  • Options
    Giggity
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit