Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ebay help - Faulty Item

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rightio, heres the problem

We bought an item which included an alginate powder for moulding, described as brand new, item is out of date by two years

seller admits responsability however will only refund the cost of the item and not the postage, the postage being the same as the cost of the item, therefore I'd lose £12.00 but only get £6.00 refunded.

apparently DSR do not apply to her as she isn't a business but is there anything I can do? I am waiting for the case to be resolved ASAP.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been a victim of this a couple of times. Because of both not being biz sellers, I had to chalk the p&p up as shortfall. Get your £6 back then drop a neutral or negative due to him not reading the item's BBE date.
    Open a claim with PayPal, if you paid that way, and give negative feedback. You should win since you have a physical item, and he won't refund the full costs.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I've been a victim of this a couple of times. Because of both not being biz sellers, I had to chalk the p&p up as shortfall. Get your £6 back then drop a neutral or negative due to him not reading the item's BBE date.

Problem with just getting the £6 back is I have to return the item so...

spent £12.00 to get the item and it is faulty, so im a

-£12.00 with the item

get £6.00 refund but then return the item which costs £6 so I'm still -£12.00 with no item.

Ebay dispute is now open, not opened a paypal one yet? is that different or the same. if I had used my current account I'd have buyer protection but laura insists it comes out of our backup account which has NO PROTECTION... that'll change now.
    Think they're the same process, but I think a eBay dispute only taints his eBay account, where a PayPal one would taint his PayPal. I've only ever done PayPal disputes. Gather it wouldn't matter much with it being the same people.
    Well been offered a full refund but even ebay will not get me the return postage, i'll ship it as cheaply as possible though.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you won't (practically) get anything back anyway, why send it back at all?
    Because she is now refunding everything
    Hey there Hellfire,

Has this been sorted now? :)
    Yeah eBay sorted it cheers: full refund