Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair dye......

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
Yesterday i bought hair dye. I did the patch test behind my ear. 10 hours later i felt ill..... i also had a strange feeling on my nose like it was swelling although when i looked it wasn't. the sickness could have been a few things however I am still questioning. Also the patch is normal. Is it safe?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It does sound you've had had a reaction. Maybe it's best if you don't do your hair with it to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It does sound you've had had a reaction. Maybe it's best if you don't do your hair with it to be on the safe side.

Thanks. I said it could be a few things (food poisoning to be one). So i think it would be good to do another patch test in a couple of days.....give it a second try.....patch tests can't do a big amount of harm can they? I find it strange that the area was not affected though if it was a reaction....there would be irritation first before sickness and possible swelling?
    thanks
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm trying to think about the stories I've read about people having bad reactions to dye. Their whole face usually swells up so it can definitely make places swell up that the dye hasn't touched, but I can't remember if their scalp swelled up too.
    I think it's best to be careful.
    Have you tried any less harsh dyes?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I'm trying to think about the stories I've read about people having bad reactions to dye. Their whole face usually swells up so it can definitely make places swell up that the dye hasn't touched, but I can't remember if their scalp swelled up too.
    I think it's best to be careful.
    Have you tried any less harsh dyes?

Yes, there were no problems. Forgive the possible hypachondriact but slightly worried because the puffiness by and around the synases hasn't gone and the patch test mentions 48 hours it has been less than 24 hours-could it get worse? Is it very dangerous to do another patch test? It sounds stingy but I dont want to throw away the dye if it can be used.
    thanks