Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sudden death?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im worried this is going to happen to me, I read a model died suddenly with no warning and am scared this will hapen to me! I get a lot of fluttery feelings in my chest and when im nervous my heart races, im terrified im going to die. Ive hd 2 ecgs for operations and both were ok but that was 4 years ago, im really scared and apparently u cant detect whether it will happen or not? I know this isnt a medical forum but im wide awake on my own and need someone to talk to, please if u can help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you spend all your time worrying about things you cant detect, then you might worry yourself into a panic and end up making yourself ill.
    Im worried this is going to happen to me, I read a model died suddenly with no warning and am scared this will hapen to me! I get a lot of fluttery feelings in my chest and when im nervous my heart races, im terrified im going to die. Ive hd 2 ecgs for operations and both were ok but that was 4 years ago, im really scared and apparently u cant detect whether it will happen or not? I know this isnt a medical forum but im wide awake on my own and need someone to talk to, please if u can help

Feelings of impending death can be related to stress. Do you feel stressed in any way (e.g. relationships, money, career etc)?
  • luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi HeartshapedBox

Sorry to hear that you're feeling like this. Thinking about death can be really daunting, and it's very natural to feel scared about the unknown.

It could be a good idea to try and distract yourself from thinking about it, especially at night. Why don't you try listening to your favourite music, reading a book that you love or watching a film? Distractions like these will hopefully make you worry less and feel a bit more relaxed.

If you're feeling alone at night again, you can always call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 and talk to someone who can give you some reassurance.

Hope you're feeling a bit better :)
    It sounds like that you're stressing about things which is making you feel what you're feeling with your heart. Have you tried relaxation techniques?
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Hi,
    It's terrifying thinking about death *hug* . Sometimes it helps to think what are the chances of your fear actually happening, helps you to think more rationally. Also, think about how worrying physically and emotionally will not help....and if anything did happen they would know your medical history and would be able to treat you better. As for the model: many models have unhealthy lifestyles which would increase their chances of medical problems.
    hope you feel better soon :wave: :heart: :wave: