Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cat in a bin

Im sure a lot of you have seen it on the news about the woman caught on CCTV putting a cat in a wheelie bin.

Firstly can I say I think it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Does anyone else think its a bit weird that she is claiming a totally out of character act in a moment of madness? I think if I went to do that to a cat, id have the little people running around in my head suddenly shouting what the fuck are you doing.

The fact she didnt, makes me think shes quite capable of it, and of doing it again if she hadnt been caught. She stopped, stroked the kitty, and then before fully walking off again, turned and threw the cat in.

Obviously a cat in a bin isnt quite as bad as widespread human rights abuses the world over.

Yet again the uglyness of vigilante nutters comes up, yes this woman deserves the punishment she gets, but the cat was trapped for 15 hours and not majorly harmed in a physical sense., I feel sad for the nut jobs who want this woman to die, as much as I want to see her punished too.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find the woman's behaviour really concerning as well as confusing. I mean, who would just do something like that? Why? God knows what was going through her head. But people comparing her to Hitler, erm no.
    Surely if it was THAT out of character then she could have easily stopped herself.
    I'm sure shes done stuff like this before in the past. Its just not something any normal person would do is it? But, she got caught. Been dealt with, it should just be left at that!
    What's all the fuss? It's just a cat, says woman seen on CCTV shoving tabby in wheelie bin
    By CLAIRE ELLICOTT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Cat-bin-woman-Mary-Bale-Whats-fuss-Its-just-cat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Death threats personal details address phone number place of work all being posted on face book and things.
    Get this evil woman.

A little perspective ...Raoul Moat shot some fucker in the face killed someone went on the rampage and all over face book ...he was a fucking hero ....
    This is a country where laws protecting the welfare of animals were brought in before laws protecting the welfare of children.

Pretty much sums up the mindset of the British! You can kill someone but just don't kill their cat.
    the way people are going on about it, youd think she'd raped a baby or something.
    I thought it was quite funny
    I'm pretty sure I posted here already. Anyway, I wrote - for dumping a cat into a dustbin, that would go down as animal cruelty. I wouldn't say have her locked up, but impose a fine of £500 to fund the RSPCA and any court costs. The Daily Mail is equally as concerning, and remember, Facebook isn't the only site on the web :p
    i even think thats excessive. She should just be told not to put any more cats in bins
    Did Schrodinger get all this hassle???
    I think the random heckling she has had in the street, and everyone for the next 15 minutes will know he she is, all across the country. In a while though people will forget who she is, even those who have made the death threats :)
    Did Schrodinger get all this hassle???

Ahh but that cat was in a state of quantum flux, not a Green wheelie bin.

funny-pictures-recycle-bin-cat.jpg
    the way people are going on about it, youd think she'd raped a baby or something.
    I thought it was quite funny

15 hours in a bin without food or water is 'funny'? My heart is broken.
    cats are ALWAYS getting themselves locked in sheds, bins, car engines, boxes etc. they love shit like that. They also sleep for 18 hours a day.
    Its not ideal but i doubt it was particularly traumatised. It probably went for a nap.

I just thought it was amusing cos you dont expect an old dear to do it and its such a strange thing to do.
    The woman went out of her way to stroke the cat, god knows what made her think it would be funny to throw it in the bin.

cats like to be nosy and explore, that doesn't mean they like to be locked in sheds.
    Being trapped in a confined space - I doubt very much it took a nap.
    The lady did opologize in the end and said she didn't know why she did it.
    The lady did opologize in the end and said she didn't know why she did it.

If only that were a good defence.

I keep on watching the video of the event, it seems she has been walking down the street, and then stopped to stroke the kitty, she then opens the bin before she grabs the kitty, so she had obviously thought about it before she picked the kitty up.

Some people just confuse me.
    All I can say is that if she had done that to one of my cats, I would treat it exactly in the same way as if she had put a human member of my family in the bin.
    i do think the death threats etc are ridiculous, theres stories on the news about cats being burned and used as footballs etc by disgusting people its just that this lady got caught. i think the only reason there is so much media coverage over it is tat people are just SO confused as to why she did it, there is no explanation whatsoever. normal people just dont do things like that. she also didnt seem sorry until there was so much media interest. ahhh. confusing woman.
    While I think the death threats maybe a little excessive I do personally think that she should be put into a giant wheelie bin; of course for no longer than 15 hours, I mean that would just be cruel. But come on, a 45 year old women stuck in a giant wheelie bin for 15 hours...now that would be funny :d
    If that were my cat, rest assured I would make sure she was dealt with. Whilst I wouldn't go as far as the various window-lickers and keyboard-wielding chavs on Facebook saying she should be killed, I'd certainly make sure she wouldn't do it again.

Ultimately however, nobody died. So people need to get a grip, to be honest.

I would suggest giving some money to an animal charity as a way of expressing remorse for what she did. However, she certainly shouldn't hand a penny to the RSPCA. These total fucking cunts are now advocating she be "investigated" for "animal cruelty". These people are vile fucking bullies who have the power to enter your house without your permission, thanks to the Animal Welfare Act 2006. They also have the power to confiscate your animal without telling you. Oh yes, and they seem to like hounding people, leading to one man they were harassing committing suicide.

I'm never giving a single penny to this organisation - which increasingly behaves as if it were a government enforcement agency - again and I sincerely hope that it is shut down sooner rather than later.

UPDATE: A blog documenting the RSPCA's bullying ways. The founder of their charity would be ashamed of what his organisation has become.
    Worringly, revenge attacks on humans by cats have already started...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyI51a463E&feature=player_embedded
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Worringly, revenge attacks on humans by cats have already started...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyI51a463E&feature=player_embedded

:lol:
    G wrote: »
    homer-screaming.gif

Lol to the video linked to by our resident Spaniard. :p
    Storm. Teacup.

What she did was cruel and unnecessary but really, some perspective?
    This is one of those things that made me :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of these people slagging her off, or sending death threats eat meat, wear leather, use products tested on animals?

I think the woman's behaviour is worrying... But there's far worse animal abuse out there.
    Namaste wrote: »

I wonder how many of these people slagging her off, or sending death threats eat meat, wear leather, use products tested on animals?
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seeing as you appear to have such absolutist attitude to animal welfare, answer me this: I care about animals but do eat meat. Should I start torturing my cats and kicking every dog I see on the street, to avoid any double standards and conform to the stereotype you so clearly wish all omnivores fall into?

Or should I continue to be a hypocritical incovenient bastard who has the temerity not to torture animals for fun even though I sometimes eat meat from responsible sources?

I guess I'd better start torturing all animals that cross my path, because that would make it all the more conveient and black-and-white for you, eh?
    The video is so odd. The fact that she stroked the kitten affectionally, first.

I don't think it's funny, and it's so sad that the cat was left in there for 15 hours.... but the spoof twitter account of hers is kinda amusing. I can look and snicker, but I'm not following. So it's okay. http://twitter.com/CatBinLady

I think the woman's behaviour is worrying... But there's far worse animal abuse out there.

theres a bit of a difference isnt there?! just because i occasionally eat chicken doesnt mean i go around shutting cats in bins and torturing animals.

You use the internet, powered by electricity, a lot of it generated by non renewable sources. Use the internet and you kill the planet, and all the animals on it :)