Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Distance learning while working.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Yes its more of an education thread, but im putting it in the work thing, as its going to be more of a education that is fitted in around my work.

Barring open university courses, do any of you have any knowledge in regards to places that you either have used or know of, that do distance learning courses. Or short residential type courses up to 2/3 weeks.

Im looking for any and all input guys. Just looking to expand my brain :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did an introduction course in counselling with the home learning college.

http://vlc.homelearningcollege.com/

I found the course helpful and informative and you can study and submit work at your own pace. My course was supposed to take a year to complete, but I managed it in 6 months.

What kind of course might you be looking to undertake?
    Well I'm primary looking at anything politics or governmental related, security, counter terrorism. Anything like that.

Though there will be quite a few courses where the relevant experience from doing the course, will be benefit enough.

Don't just look at the kind of things I have been thinking about already, and think a course might not be relevant, it might indeed be in some way. There is also nothing wrong with having a variety of skills for when I leave this job.
    DO NOT go with HomeLearningCollege.
    Ok :)