Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I know sad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had a few one stands but only ever 1 serious r/ship it lasted 2 and a half year. Trouble i still like her and shes getting engaged :crying: I want to move on but where do i start, i can't just forget her overnight. I'm drinking every night not slept yet and it's 10.54am in uk. I'm still drinking, took 20mgof valium might do more. got half a bottle of winw left.plenty of weed, but i need drugs to cope i don't even see the point sometimes, cus as Judy Garland said its ok being famous and rich butb without my fans i'd be nothing.

Comments

• Options
    jungo87 wrote: »
    I've had a few one stands but only ever 1 serious r/ship it lasted 2 and a half year. Trouble i still like her and shes getting engaged :crying: I want to move on but where do i start, i can't just forget her overnight. I'm drinking every night not slept yet and it's 10.54am in uk. I'm still drinking, took 20mgof valium might do more. got half a bottle of winw left.plenty of weed, but i need drugs to cope i don't even see the point sometimes, cus as Judy Garland said its ok being famous and rich butb without my fans i'd be nothing.

Hello,
    You should not drink so much or either take drugs as this is very bad for you and your body you could become extremerly ill of corce you can not forget about someone over noght exspecially if you had loved them it takes time some times speaking to people about it may also help when you find love again (I'm sure it soon) you will forget then and you will live a happy life but you wont if you dont easyily cut down on drinking and taking drugs such as weed x
    you need to take the time dont cope that way find other strategies to cope besides drinking and taking drugs x
    Please take care of your self

troubled_youngster x
  • Options
    I know sad

very nice discussion takes place about sadness,..
    very useful for anybody,..
    chicago condos
  • Options
    Hi jungo87,

You're right, you can't just forget her overnight, getting over a relationship that meant a lot to you takes time - in a way it is like a bereavement - you need to be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to grieve. But you're looking for support which is a good first step. While, in the short term, it can feel like drugs and alcohol can help you forget, in the long term they may well be making it harder to move on. Alcohol, among many other drugs, acts as a depressant, either while you are taking them or afterwards.

Heavy drink and drug use can make you feel very low for days, and so make it harder to cope with the emotions you are feeling around your ex. It's probable that your feelings of sadness about your ex are actually being exaggerated and warped by the comedowns from the alcohol/drugs. Lack of sleep can have the same effect. It's a difficult thing to do, but it's possible that, by trying to break out of this cycle and actually cut down on the drink and drugs, you may, in time, actually find it easier to get over your ex. There's a bit of information on alcohol and how it can affect how you feel here.

I'm not sure where you live, but do you know anywhere locally you can go for support in cutting down? Your local doctor might be a good place to start - they may be able to give you advice to help you sleep as well?

Hope you're feeling a bit stronger today.:)