Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i dont really know what to do

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think it's just hard to pick up and carry on. i have good friends but none of them are particularly close anymore. one i see rarely and she's just landed a new job in london, is going to move there soon and just hangs out with all her uni friends and they go clubbing etc. the other is due to start a masters in archeology and is very goal driven and off maxing up her cv and creating an amazing future for herself. we used to be housemates but now she has all her archeology gang to hang around with and discuss everything with. i've come to the realisation tonight that i now have no bestfriend. not really. maybe my ex was my bestfriend? im lonely.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm really sorry, but I've got no advice to offer, I just don't know of anything that can help there. :( But I couldn't leave that sitting with no replies.
    thanks yorghos, i know. i didnt really expect any, im just feeling mopey. hope you're okay
    How are you feeling after the weekend Clementine?
    *hug*
    less dark :) i still get the odd message from him either online or text though. i cant blame him because he isnt in the right frame of mind to realise how unfair it is for him to do that. im just trying not to think about him but it's hard. im getting the singleton lonely feelings and i've only been 'single' for just over 2 weeks. bit pathetic really
    Glad you're feeling less dark Clementine.

Singleton lonely feelings are bound to be stronger at the moment, while you're still grieving for the end of your relationship and getting used to being single.

Keep being gentle with yourself, and don't beat yourself up if there's big downs as well as better times in this period - it is bound to take a while for your emotions to feel steadier again. Once you're feeling more on top of things, you'll be more able to think of the positives, how being single can help you to focus on other areas of your life - making yourself happy independently and perhaps inspiring you to try new things and meet new people.

*hug*
    *hug* hopefully that might help just a touch with the lonliness feelings.

Afterall you do have us guys here.
    thanks you two. just generally lacking the confidence to go out and do things at the moment. wish i felt it easier to speak to people 'offline' as online. you've all been great