Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Labour in the coalition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was reading this article and considering the likes of Prescott are always slagging off the coalition government, it seems that quite a lot of Labour politicians have joined the coalition in some way :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/aug/15/alan-milburn-joins-demos-thinktank

Are we seeing a more mature form of politics?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Judging by the responses from other Labour politicians, no.
    Firstly I wouldnt have put Prescott down as one of those people that understands the concept of the internet and how it works, let alone Twitter!

I personally think its sour grapes to some degree.

So what if they had brown out, it seemed to me that no fucker liked him anyway.
    Oh god yes, he tweets. No way could I cope with following him though. In fact all the politicos are boring as fuck.
    If the most ardent critic of something you're doing is Lard Prescott*, then I would say you're doing something right. Pay no attention to what the humble Lard - who refused to release a picture of him wearing the ermine when he was being anointed, by the way - says. It's better in the long run. Hopefully, we're not going to see more intelligent and mature politics from the Labour Party when my choice of candidate, Edward Michael Balls, gets the job.

Personally, I'm far more interested in finding out why the Labour Party is keeping so quiet over the Dr David Kelly furore which is back in the news. One can only assume, being the charitable sort that I am, that they have something to hide.

EDIT: As for Prescott's internet efforts, I must admit he did pretty well to start with. He even mocked Iain Dale in a video he put on YouTube early last year. Much as I hate to say it, he came across as a pretty likeable man. Then I remembered his record in office, and the red mist came back down.

* I've also seen him called Lord Prescunt, but that would be too easy.
This discussion has been closed.