Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how much the police likes to spin lies.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/content/havering/recorder/news/story.aspx?brand=RECOnline&category=newsRomford&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsromford&itemid=WeED27%20Jul%202010%2016%3A19%3A43%3A533

when i for one complained to my local mp, the MP for romford bout this incident and i know people who complained to the local police body, the MPA says that there was no official complaints....

what bollocks

Comments

• Options
    A complaint to your MP is not an official complaint.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    A complaint to your MP is not an official complaint.

i know that, i know people who have complained to the met as well, cause they told me the address to write to :p
  • Options
    i know that, i know people who have complained to the met as well, cause they told me the address to write to :p

That's not an official complaint though, its an official complaint if the person the police arrested (or I guess his family as he was under eighteen) complain. Its not an official complaint if some random person writes in after they read it in the paper.
  • Options
    That all sounds very familiar, but anyone who does make an official complaint - and I speak from experience - is quite frankly damned if they do and damned if they don't. They will probably get a flimflam response from a superior officer that almost completely ignores the grounds for the complaint, focussing on some trivial aspect instead, and when the complainer gives up trying to get a straight answer and complains to the Independent Police Complaints Commission instead, that body will take months to investigate - and probably start by putting that superior officer in charge of the investigation - before concluding that on the 'grounds of probability', the officers in question have no case to answer. During all this time, the police and IPCC will insist that nothing can be said publicly about the complaint while it is under investigation.

So, while not making an official complaint may give the police an excuse to do nothing, they don't really need much of an excuse anyway. This Youtube clip has accomplished far more, however much people may argue about what it has accomplished, because trying to pry answers from the police accomplishes very little.

Attempting to shame the police, whether it achieves anything or not, is at least fun.