Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BAA strikes?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I'm meant to be going on holiday on bank holiday weekend... how will that effect my holiday? I can't see anything about it in my holiday paperwork!! :S

I cannot believe they decided on strike action!! Shocking... If they were in the army, or the NHS or the police etc maybe i'd have a tiny bit more sympathy but NO.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A lot of people who work in this industry are on shit pay for the hours they do! My friend who's an air hostess is on absolutely rubbish pay and has to
    rely on commission to make money and works awful hours too.

I work in the NHS and the reason we basically can't go on strike, it's completely different...yeah you have your holiday cancelled/disrupted but its a lot different in people in the army, police NHS do it. Hence why they don't generally! Given the chance I'm sure half of them would though.
    They must get minimum wage though?!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    A lot of people who work in this industry are on shit pay for the hours they do! My friend who's an air hostess is on absolutely rubbish pay and has to
    rely on commission to make money and works awful hours too.

I work in the NHS and the reason we basically can't go on strike, it's completely different...yeah you have your holiday cancelled/disrupted but its a lot different in people in the army, police NHS do it. Hence why they don't generally! Given the chance I'm sure half of them would though.

She must not work for BA then as they are paid very well. Some senior cabin crew can extra £60k at BA.
    Calvin wrote: »
    She must not work for BA then as they are paid very well. Some senior cabin crew can extra £60k at BA.

Really?! I stand corrected :blush:

But no she's defiantly not working for BA
    Indeed BA airstaff are the best paid in the industry and earn tons more than other airlines, which is why i have even less sympathy for them.

Doesn't matter though, way they they keep on striking BA is gonna go bust anyways and then they'll have something to cry about.
    Its not BA -its BAA that are striking!! Even worse I think! Means the airports can't function, not just British Airways!!
    You may have to fly the plane yourself.