Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

aston villa's manager resigns

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i've just heard this on the radio.

apparently, aston villa's manager martin someone or another resigned from the club. not happy with a selling of a player or something.

:confused:

so near to the start of the new season too. villa fans must be in shock.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Meh. They're shit anyway.
    MoK wrote: »
    Meh. They're shit anyway.

well they can only get better.

:yes:
    i've just heard this on the radio.

apparently, aston villa's manager martin someone or another resigned from the club. not happy with a selling of a player or something.

:confused:

so near to the start of the new season too. villa fans must be in shock.

That would be Martin O'Neill and the player in question is James Milner, who hasn't been sold yet, though no official reason has yet been given.

Not the most informed piece of news I've ever seen. Was it a bridge too far to look these details up?

For what it's worth, I think Villa will struggle this season. I really rate MO'N as a manager and think they were punching above their weight with him at the helm.
    For what it's worth, I think Villa will struggle this season. I really rate MO'N as a manager and think they were punching above their weight with him at the helm.

:yes:
    From reading Krulak's comments posted online it appears MON threw his toys out the pram over helping with Villa's wage problem. He quite obviously bailed as he can no longer waste more money paying half a dozen people 40k a week to sit on the bench all season and is leaving while his reputation is still intact.

If he really is leaving over a spat over having money to spend then I'm glad he has gone.
    I'm hoping to watch a villa match this year, never watched an entire football match before an certainly not at a stadium so it will be a different experience at least.