Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Broadstairs Beaches (best one?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi, im off to Ramsgate, Kent, for a couple of days with the wife for her birthday, i never been before but just up the road at broadstairs some of the beaches look amazing form what i seen online.

Anybody that knows the area could you suggest what bay would be the best one to visit for a stroll along the beach, we have a little boy as well!

Kingsgate Bay looks good?

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kingsgate bay is good - and Joss bay is as well - there is a restaurant/pub thing at Kingsgate called Captain Digby which is very family friendly.

There is a bus called the Thanet Loop - which goes all around on a loop (suprise suprise) between broadstairs, margate and ramsgate it runs every 10 mins or so - but i dunno if it goes to kingsgate or not. Having said that Margate main sands is good and the main beach in broadstairs is great and there is a lovely retro ice cream parlour on the sea front.

Your making me want to go to the sea side this weekend but i can't maybe the weekend after!
    Hi, thanks for that, retro ice cream parlour... thats definately worth a visit :)

When you say main broadstairs beach, is that this one? (please zoom in)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=map+broadstairs&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Broadstairs&gl=uk&ei=SUhZTOGXCIX00gTrj4zZCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I think ill cab it to joss bay on Sunday, with a walk north round to kingsgate bay if the tide is not too close to the rock... and then eat at Captain Digbys....

Please shine Mr Sun :thumb:
    Yeah I second Joss bay, it is really nice :) hope you have a lovely time!
    Ar thanks, im looking forward to it, we will walk from joss bay to kingsgate bay, then maybe even to botany bay...

Apparently its folk week in broadstairs, i was lucky to get a room really, broadstairs was completely booked which is why i went to ramsgate. so now we can see both a bit. :d
    sepumseeme wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for that, retro ice cream parlour... thats definately worth a visit :)

When you say main broadstairs beach, is that this one? (please zoom in)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=map+broadstairs&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Broadstairs&gl=uk&ei=SUhZTOGXCIX00gTrj4zZCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I think ill cab it to joss bay on Sunday, with a walk north round to kingsgate bay if the tide is not too close to the rock... and then eat at Captain Digbys....

Please shine Mr Sun :thumb:

yes that one
    You can pretty much pick any in that area TBH - Minnis Bay, Botany Bay plus the others mentioned... enjoy, it's a lovely part of the world.

Assume you are there for the Folk Festival?
    I love Broadstairs. Hope you had fun.
    Hi Guys, thank you all for your input...

We had a great time, it really was brilliant

MoK You can pretty much pick any in that area TBH - Minnis Bay, Botany Bay plus the others mentioned... enjoy, it's a lovely part of the world.

Assume you are there for the Folk Festival?

i wasnt actually, i never see the festival, Saturday, we arrived, put our luggage at our guest house (the royale guest house) very friendly guy that runs the place.

We walked around the harbour, the town and sat on the beach there at Ramsgate, theres plently of restaurants to choose from.

Sundaywe got the cab to Joss bay and that was fantastic, great weather and a cafe on the beach, we stayed there most of the day and about 3pm we went to find captain digbys and had a lovely meal there, its about a tenner a meal at least but i would go back cos they do everything right, from the food to the kids play area indoors and out.

After that we went down to kingsgate bay and sat there until about half seven watching the tide slowly come back in.

Monday we had our suitcase to consider so we stayed local and spent the day on Ramsgate beach which was another superb day, we swam in the sea a few times which was refreshing, it was so warm we dried out in five minutes....

Then we made our way to the train station after a bite to eat around 2pm...

I never thought Ramsgate would be so good as initially i wanted to see broadstairs but i would recommend visiting both areas and we cant wait to go back its beautiful.

Wyetry Kingsgate bay is good - and Joss bay is as well - there is a restaurant/pub thing at Kingsgate called Captain Digby which is very family friendly.

There is a bus called the Thanet Loop - which goes all around on a loop (suprise suprise) between broadstairs, margate and ramsgate it runs every 10 mins or so - but i dunno if it goes to kingsgate or not. Having said that Margate main sands is good and the main beach in broadstairs is great and there is a lovely retro ice cream parlour on the sea front.

Your making me want to go to the sea side this weekend but i can't maybe the weekend after!

We never got to go on the thanet loop but we will next time as we never got to broadstairs main beach for that ice cream, or to margate either, thanks though.