Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

has anyone heard of seal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i'm in a bit of a dilemma.

you see, i've been asked to find a friend a song by the end of tonight by seal (i've never heard of seal). i've been on youtube, and i can't find any traces of seal there (well the wrong types of seal, anyway)

anyway, i was wondering if anyone who has heard of them can tell me the name of there new album, or his new album, or what ever seal is.. i'm guessing they are a group.

perhaps when i find the name of the album, i can find the song by tracing a copy of that album.

any help would be great.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow, google searching evaded you huh.
    Seal is a singer, popular in the mid nineties, his biggest hit was probably kiss from a rose.
    No idea as to latest songs/albums, shouldnt be too hard to find though..
    I like Seal. He did "Kiss from the Rose" for the Batman movie. He suffered from Lupus as a child and has distinctive (actually rather attractive) scars on his face. Don't know why you couldn't find him on YouTube. I did.
    icey wrote: »
    Wow, google searching evaded you huh.
    Seal is a singer, popular in the mid nineties, his biggest hit was probably kiss from a rose.
    No idea as to latest songs/albums, shouldnt be too hard to find though..

thanks for that.

:cool:

will have to keep lookingg, i guess.

:mad:
    Just checked the iTunes store and the latest album I can find is a Greatest Hits album from November 2009. Before that there was an album called Soul from 2008.
    Just checked the iTunes store and the latest album I can find is a Greatest Hits album from November 2009. Before that there was an album called Soul from 2008.

thanks.

i'll take a look at the soul album then.

:yes:

will let you know how i get on
    Threads like this remind me why I shouldn't come here any more.
    It makes me feel so old!
    i thought he was super-famous
    i thought he was super-famous

Only for oldies like us.

I immediately thought of "Killer"
    He's married to Heidi Klum too.
    MoK wrote: »
    Only for oldies like us.

I immediately thought of "Killer"

Killer was slightly before 'my time' but I had the track off two dance albums, and that's the track I remember most by Seal. I had Killer on Spirit of Ecstasy (1991) and Number 1's of Dance (1994), and they were different versions of the same song. 'My time' was 1994 to 1996.
    i'm in a bit of a dilemma.

you see, i've been asked to find a friend a song by the end of tonight by seal (i've never heard of seal). i've been on youtube, and i can't find any traces of seal there (well the wrong types of seal, anyway)

anyway, i was wondering if anyone who has heard of them can tell me the name of there new album, or his new album, or what ever seal is.. i'm guessing they are a group.

perhaps when i find the name of the album, i can find the song by tracing a copy of that album.

any help would be great.

You really need to improve your internet skills, if you cant find any information on seal i am hugely gobsmacked, thats like saying i have been told to find a dentist in Wimbledon but i havent got a clue where any are...

You need to understand search engines (if you are being serious?)
    I've just Googled "Seal singer" and the first result is his wikipedia page.