Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A Levels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've always loved History and did start History A level at 6th Form before I moved to college and did a BTEC Diploma in Health Studies. But I would love to do my History A Level, mainly because I would like to study History at University! Is it possible to do A levels without actually being in 6th form/college?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you might be able to do it at an evening class at a college, a friend of mine did and it was only 2 hours a week or something so it didn't interrupt her job or other commitments. have a look at part-time prospectuses or give the colleges near you a call to see what they offer.
    Yeah you could do evening courses or distance learning courses.
    They might let you just take the exams there if you don't want/need to do the classes.
    Thanks everyone :)

I think I'd need to do the classes as I only did about a month of it at 6th form before leaving. I'll have a look at the local colleges and see what they offer :yes:
    Also get advice on whether you are better off doing an access to uni course rather than A levels. You could try asking the unis you are contemplating applyingto directly which they would prefer.