Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Put your Qus to Peter Jones

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello peeps :wave:

Our sister website Lifetracks.com has secured some time for a video Q&A with businessman Peter Jones from Dragon's Den. He's taking some time out of his busy schedule and we'd love your help, what shall we ask him?

If you could ask Peter one question about how to get a head-start in business - what would it be?

If you could ask Peter ANYTHING about his own personal success as an entrepreneur – what would it be?

We need questions in by Tuesday 3rd August so feel free to fire away! Of course once the video is made we'll share it with you :)

Comments

• Options
    Is that the rather attractive one ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Is that the rather attractive one ?

peter_jones.jpg
  • Options
    Oooo it is :)

Sorry, but my questions would be highly inappropriate.
  • Options
    I'd ask him what it's like up there (he's 6'7" - a whole foot taller than me)
  • Options
    Does he want to invest £250,000 for a 10% share in my business?
  • Options
    Questions for Peter :

What makes a good business man?

Is this skill something that can be learnt?

Can you recommend any books on the subject?

Do you think that 'you need money to make money'?

Who do you admire in the business world and why?
  • Options
    Oooo it is :)

Sorry, but my questions would be highly inappropriate.

same :P
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    he's 6'7"

Oh.

I think i've just orgasmed.
  • Options
    Oh.

lol
  • Options
    Oh.

'Premature ejaculation' problems go under either 'Sex' or 'Health and Fitness'. :p
  • Options
    Ask him... why if he's so rich, did he agreed to present those awful moneysupermarket.com adverts?

Seriously those adverts are bad, they make me cringe everytime they come on.

Let that sour faced bird off Dragons Den do them. Have some respect :thumb:
  • Options
    I'd like to know what motivates him.
  • Options
    Mostly I just wanna know how good the sex is when you have that much power :P

Also, I wanna know how, morally, he copes with being so rich - does he give to charity? If not why not? Does he feel selfish having so much when so many have so little? Genuine question.
  • Options
    I have a quesion for this moral stranger to me which most of you lot seem to know. Is running a business stressful and how do you keep in gear with everything when there is so much around you from going under pressure to stress
    And I would also like to know has he done anything for charity if so what and what cariety?

Xx
  • Options
    What do you think needs to be done to get Britain out of recession and back on its feet again?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    What do you think needs to be done to get Britain out of recession and back on its feet again?

Good question, SG. :)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »

Erm... aren't we already out of recession?
  • Options
    Sometimes people go on to dragon's den having invested a lot of their own time and money in a poor idea, so how do you know if your own business idea is a good one when friends and family are likely to be biased and encouraging -who should one go to for advice?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Sometimes people go on to dragon's den having invested a lot of their own time and money in a poor idea, so how do you know if your own business idea is a good one when friends and family are likely to be biased and encouraging -who should one go to for advice?

:thumb: :thumb: Brilliant question
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Erm... aren't we already out of recession?
    In economic terms, an economy is in recession if it officially shrinks three quarters in a row. Conveniently enough, an economy isn't defined as being out of a recession after three quarters in a row of growth. So I don't buy this talk that the country is no longer in recession. Besides, in the highly unlikely event that we are out of it, exactly the same issues remain as before. There are millions of people unemployed and the government debt is reaching astronomically high levels. It could take many years before the country's on a secure financial footing and the unemployment rate comes back down.

I'm not turning down an opportunity to ask a man who knows a thing or two about business on what he thinks needs doing to get the country out of this mess.
  • Options
    I have several good business planned ideas for commercial enterprises that on paper should make a modest profit, the problem is I can't afford to test these myself - to prove the concept as it were.

What should you do in a catch-22 situation where you believe you have a good idea, but testing it out could prove to be financially disastrous - rent needs to be paid after all!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your questions peeps, some really good ones in there! We'll keep you posted and share the video with you once it's made :thumb: