Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loestrin 20, side effects

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya everyone,
Before you say omg so many posts have been about pills, this one is just about Loestrin ok?

Well the doctor gave me it and before I start taking it I want to no of the side effects that it has had on people on here??

e.g. Boobs growing bigger? Spots? Putting on weight? Loosing weight?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    wrong forum m'love :)

in answer to your question, everyone is different though. how one pill affects one person wont be the way it affects the other.
  • Options
    ice-babe,

by my maths you are 15 this summer.... can doctors give you the pill while you are only 14? is there a minimum age on having the pill? or am I been out-dated? and/or got my maths wrong!

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    you're alowed the pill at any age so i am told

yeah i will be 15 this summer
  • Options
    Re: Loestrin 20, side effects
    Originally posted by ice-babe
    e.g. Boobs growing bigger?

is that a desired side effect?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    yes lol i want my boobs to get bigger but before i went on Loestrin i was totally oblivious to the side effects that could happen and now i wish i would have said oh cant i go on Mic instead lol
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by funkyone
    ice-babe,

by my maths you are 15 this summer.... can doctors give you the pill while you are only 14? is there a minimum age on having the pill? or am I been out-dated? and/or got my maths wrong!

:confused::confused::confused:

you can be put on the pill for reasons other than contraception.
  • Options
    There should be a leaflet in the box along with the pills that explains all the possible side effects.
  • Options
    good stuff

yeah there is a leaflet in the pack that lists all the side effects.

btw... i was 15 nearly 16 when i visited the doctor to go on the pill (not for contraceptive reasons at the time).
    and because i was 15 he just assumed i wasnt sexually active, which i thought was quite unprofessional as he didnt even ask.
    he also told me that 'Loestrin 20 is a low dosage pill, therefore cannot be used as contraception'.... my mum then chipped in and said 'well she may need it in the future, cant she go on a different one?'
    the doctor then refused to give me a different pill as he didnt think i needed it. but my mum then stressed the fact that i WILL need it in the future as contraception but he said he couldnt supply it to me right now and basically shoved us out of the door with a prescription for loestrin 20.

is it worth putting a complaint in against him for either lying or not knowing that its a contraceptive?? lol.

oh and personally... i have blood spotting the first month, slight breast growth... and now im on my second month and theres no blood spotting and still breast growth xD.

sorry about the long reply xD
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey HypeFoYo,

Welcome to TheSite :wave:

Worth checking thread dates before you post - this one's from 2004 so gonna close it now. Feel free to start a new thread of your own.

:)
This discussion has been closed.