Home Health & Wellbeing
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Changing it up - rock chick styling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone

I know there are lots of alt/indie/rock ladies on the boards and I'd like to pick your brains!

I'm going to a really girly friend's hen party this weekend and the theme is 'all the things I've never done'. She's doing a weekend full of activities that aren't within her comfort zone, as she and her fiance have made a pact to ensure that their marriage is an opportunity for growth and widening their lives.

So we're going rock climbing, taking a morris dancing class and rally driving.... and tomorrow night we're going to a heavy metal night at a rock club!

I have SOME ideas as to what to wear to it, but would love some input from those in the know. I'm a size 12 and quite busty, so would prefer ideas that will play to my shape a bit, rather than baggy t-shirts/combats etc. Makeup, clothes, hair.... dress me!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here's a few ideas...these are the kind of things I'd go for :)

Denim cut off's and tights with a rock band tee are always good, or tophsop do a gothic black lace style dress that is lovely! I wear it with tights that look like suspenders, black heels, leather jacket and lot's of black eyeliner!
    It actually offends me when people wear tshirts of such cool bands when they'd really struggle to name a single song.
    It actually offends me when people wear tshirts of such cool bands when they'd really struggle to name a single song.

Precisely why I shall be steering clear; I am Not Cool Enough for band t-shirts. Unless there's one out there with the Puppini Sisters on it.

Thankfully I'm not one of those people ;)
    Ooooh, black corset and jeans and boots? or heels if you don't wanna mosh :p
    Black Skinnys, heels, corset type top or a t shirt with a waistcoat with tassles red lippie backcombed hair!!!! anything rock chick really x
    lauraj65 wrote: »
    You should have worn personalised t-shirts, makes the whole ordeal of choosing what to wear easier especially if you're doing a lot of activities. Sounds fun!
    Haha my sister has threatened me with Death by Pain if I try and impose personalised t-shirts or any other 'tat' on her hen night.