Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I hate my job!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Pissed off doing the same job all day for 3 weeks now. Its getting ridiculous. Plus my hand is sore!

I have next monday off, but I bet you I'm back on the same job again the day after. If I am then I'm going to ask why I've been doing the same job for 3 weeks.

I'm currenly looking for a job, but its getting annoying that I can't find anything I want to do.

Ignoring my other posts, What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    um, don't kill yourself?

seriously though, talk to your line manager.
  • Options
    Skakitty's right, if the current job is actually starting to cause you an injury and your hand is sore then ask if you can meet with your line manager and have a chat. Try and explain that if possible you'd like to do something else for a while and that you're willing to try something new if there's a chance to do so?

Looking for a new job can be really hard work and all anyone can really suggest is keep at it! Try and stay motivated in the knowledge that you will find something eventually. Our sister site Lifetracks.com has tons of info on job hunting you might find useful?

What kind of work are you looking for?

Let us know how you get on and make the most of that day off :)
  • Options
    Um, not to be a complete bitch, but can we change the thread title? Aside from trivialising a very serious illness, it's kind of triggering to see on the front page of the boards.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Um, not to be a complete bitch, but can we change the thread title? Aside from trivialising a very serious illness, it's kind of triggering to see on the front page of the boards.

I don't think he meant to trivialise a very serious illness... I think it kinda just shows how tough he's finding his current job situation at the moment.

Mr.Ferrari - Fingers crossed that things start working in your favour! Out of interest - what sort of hobbies etc do you have? Just because from your previous threads it seems that you're a bit stuck on what sort of area to go in to, and maybe trying to figure that out would be helpful.
  • Options
    I think it's a slightly inappropriate title for a thread TBH.
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi guys, I don’t think Mr Ferrari meant any harm but as it could cause concern for some people we’ve amended the title. :)
  • Options
    I don't think he meant to trivialise a very serious illness... I think it kinda just shows how tough he's finding his current job situation at the moment.

...which is trivialising it. Sorry, really, I don't mean to be a bitch (seriously!), but saying something like that because he's been doing the same job for three weeks is exactly what trivialising IS.

I know that he didn't mean it like that, but it's how it comes across whether it's intended or otherwise, sorry.

Anyway, Mr. Ferrari - I think before you try and find another job, you need to figure out what you want to be doing. The threads that you have posted previously have all been about completely different career paths, which leads me to think that you just want to get out and not think about what will make you happy. While that might work in the short term, in the long run you will just end up in exactly the same position you're in now unless you really have a think about what it is you would be happy doing.
  • Options
    What position are you in? If you quit your job now, do you have bills that would go unpaid?

If you can do without this job, then I think in that position I would quit, because it would focus my mind on finding another job, and on what I wanted to do.
  • Options
    Pissed off doing the same job all day for 3 weeks now. Its getting ridiculous. Plus my hand is sore!

What is your job, as a matter of interest? Most people probably do the same job all their lives. If you're the guy that puts the cotton wool in the top of the paracetamol bottles, then yeah, that'd be tiresome - and hurt your hand.
  • Options
    I work in a chocolate factory. NOT as glamarous and exciting as you may think!

The boss is a total f*ck and we only get payed minimum wage.

I have monday off next week, so it may 'break the chain' in me not working in the same place as I have been doing for the last three weeks.

Mist
    I have a car to run. I pay my dad every month.

I seriously don't have any confidence in finding a job any more as there aren't any jobs that I want to do. It's totally shit.

As I have said in a previous thread I started, I don't have any confidence in finding a flat/house mate in a different part of the country and finding a job.

Apart from not having a decent job, I'm fed up being single, fed up being fucking shy. I regret arguing with a lass who I met online some years back and I started a few threads on here about 'problems' with her and she found out.

I wish I never broke my leg and got varicose veins and then ulcers. I have varicose veins from standing up all day for 8 years at work.

I wished I lived in the USA and start from fresh, but I need money to do that I just don't have it.

My life is a total waste of fucking time and I just don't see any reason why I was born to be honest!
  • Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Mr Ferrari,

Sounds like you are having quite a tough time of it at the moment.

Being in the same job for as long as you have can really affect some people's confidence. Not just with their abilities at work, but life outside their job. And once they lose their confidence, they become risk-averse and decide to stick with what they know because they don't think they'll succeed with anything else.

It sounds like you might have fallen into that situation - not happy with where you are, but not quite being able to find the confidence to push yourself to go and do something else.

The good news is that you do have some options: both reading around topics that may be linked to how you’re feeling and taking a few chances on new experiences could help you move forward.

Have a look at the article on low self-esteem:
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/bodyimageandselfesteem/lowesteem

If you think that describes your situation, you might find this AskTheSite answer on boosting confidence useful:
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/askthesiteqandas/generalhealthqandas/confidenceboost

I know from previous posts that you've identified things that you are really interested in and ambitions that you have. Don't expect to get there instantly, but by taking it step by step - perhaps by doing some volunteering in a situation where you get to deal with people - there's no reason why you shouldn't achieve those ambitions you have.

I know you've mentioned your want to do stuff outside, what about making your first step doing a one-off opportunity with BTCV? http://www2.btcv.org.uk/display/volunteer

Many people who volunteer do so because it’s one of the best ways to meet new people and gain confidence and experience in supportive environments.

All the best,

Olly